Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 9 years ago

Apply for TPS for my husband?

I been a TPS holder for a while now, and me and my husband finally decided to get married. We also have a 1yr old daughter, I was wondering If i married him if i could try to apply for him to get a TPS. He has been in the country for about 10years, and he is from Brasil.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Raelyn
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

No. Brazil is not one of six countries whose nationals are eligible for TPS. TPS stands for Temporary Protected Status. It was intended to permit temporary resettlement of victims of natural disasters like hurricanes and earthquakes. However, nations like El Salvador and Honduras, which long recovered from their natural disasters a decade ago, petitioned the US to keep TPS because they need the remittances earned by their nationals in the US. As a TPS holder, you cannot petition your husband for residency.

• Jan
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Brazil citizens are not eligible for TPS. If he is here illegally,there is nothing you can do for him until he returns to his home country.

• 3 years ago

Should we not get too close to friends?

• Dacy
    Lv 6
    3 years ago

Is it okay to just have a pig out day?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Guys: Is 5'11 too tall for a girl?

• Tedi
    Lv 6
    3 years ago

Do you HAVE to take the inactive pills on birth control? Or can you just wait the 7 days?

• Buffy
    Lv 6
    3 years ago

5 men are hired to complete a certain job. If an additional man is hired

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Menstruation for 2-3 days only?

• 3 years ago

Body weight (13 year old girl)?

• Arlyn
    Lv 6
    3 years ago

Does your husband mind shaving?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.