Wild readings on my ReliOn Ulitma Blood Glucose monitor...?

I had dinner about three hours ago. I checked my blood sugar four times (out of different fingers) and got readings in the low-to-mid 90s. I checked it ten minutes later - out of the same fingers - and got readings around 113. Has this every happened to anyone? What should I do?

By the way...I have not been diagnosed with diabetes...but I'm scared about contracting the disease (my grandfather had it), and I sometimes have spells of a week or so where I need to urinate a lot.

• Noccie
    Favorite Answer

Stop tormunting yourself with finger sticks. What you have learned is that home glucometers are not accurate enough for diagnosis. Why are you testing soooo many times. Even a person with uncontrolled diabetes doesn't test that much.

Stop testing all together. It is not necessary and is not accurate enough to do anything useful for a person without diabetes. If you want to check for bad trends toward diabetes have your doctor do an A1c test twice a year. If that number trends upwards you may have a problem.

Also, old folks get diabetes. If your grandfather was diagnosed with diabetes as an adult you really aren't at any more at risk than anyone else. The risk of diabetes goes up for Everyone with age.

1

Source(s): I Cured My Diabetes : http://DiabetesCure.raiwi.com/?LLGl

2

Source(s): Secrets To Reverse Diabetes - http://DiabetesGoFar.com/?Nbaz

Your fine. Normal blood sugars range from 70-120. I have been diabetic for 10 years

fluctuating numbers between mid 90's and 113...means a grand total of zero concern...you are obsessing over something you shouldn't be....4 reading in such a short period of time is insane.