Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 10 years ago

What about the Tree Huggers that just about kilt California's Central Valley agriculture and businesses?

Oops… Federal Judge Rules Liberal Fish Study

That Forced Officials to Cut Off California Water Was Based on Junk Science

Posted by Jim Hoft on Wednesday, December 15, 2010, 9:58 PM

Oops!… Sorry about that mass unemployment and drought.

In December 2008, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issued what is known as a “biological opinion” imposing water reductions on the San Joaquin Valley and environs to safeguard the federally protected hypomesus transpacificus, a.k.a., the delta smelt. As a result, tens of billions of gallons of water from mountains east and north of Sacramento was channelled away from farmers and into the ocean, leaving hundreds of thousands of acres of arable land fallow or scorched.

A federal judge ruled on Tuesday that the liberal study that forced California officials to cutback on water to the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta was based on faulty science.

SFGate reported:

A federal judge has ruled that a landmark 2008 environmental study laying the groundwork for controversial water cutbacks from the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta relied on faulty science.

In his much-anticipated decision released Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Oliver Wanger ordered the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to re-examine and rewrite its plan for the threatened delta smelt.

The agency’s solution for shoring up the collapsing species – namely cutting water exports to California cities and farms – is “arbitrary” and “capricious,” the Fresno judge wrote in his 225-page decision…

…Wanger’s ruling upheld the evidence showing that the delta pumps do indeed trap and kill many delta smelt – a consolation for environmental groups that had fought for pumping cutbacks. However, the judge found fundamental flaws in the scientific analysis on the benefits of trimming water supplies to urban and rural areas and said the federal agency failed to examine the economic impacts of such a policy.

more at

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2010/12/fede...

Do you feel better about the "scientists" that are trying to destroy our industry?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

And yet they elected NO ma'am Boxer back . Shes part of the loons too.

All for a minnow .

• 10 years ago

I understand what you asked. What I don't understand is what some of these other idiots are saying.

They believe anything they are told and seem incapable of thinking and researching on their own. Maybe they are on the grant dole that says - don't believe in Global Warming, no grant money.

These people are going to destroy us.

• Erika
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

i do no longer flow around hugging timber ~ yet we want each and every of the timber we are able to maintain ~ and should no longer cut back all of them down ~ exceedingly interior the rain woodland ~ using fact the rain woodland is a place crammed with treasures and animals that would desire to be secure ~

• 10 years ago

Trees save lives. Additionally, we are killing the critters and possibly new and old species each time a tree is cut adversely impacting the climate; causing and contributing to global warming. Save a Tree and Save a Life.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

that just about kilt California

what are you on about? kilt - the Scottish national dress is some how responsible for stopping eco destruction in the usa

a kilt is just a fancy name for a skirt i don't understand your point

• 10 years ago

lol... cutting off the nose to spite the face. Luddites.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I hope this is a joke as it's close to where I live.

The Sierra Club can't be as dishonest as this, can they?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.