I need Help with Earthquakes?

I need to know if an earthquake that occurs on a small privately owned island would show up on satellite images. if not how might a reporter hear o? I need to know because I am doing a school project on earthquakes

Also could you tell me some sites to research earthquakes (real info, not wikipedia)

• Rayal
    Favorite Answer

Earthquakes don't generally show up on satellite images. The damage might show up on satellite images.

They would show up on seismographs around the world.

Seismographs measure movement of waves through the Earth's crust caused by earthquakes and other phenomena.

US Geological survey. http://usgs.gov/

It could, earthquakes release energy and lots of it. Some of the energy is released in the form of heat which would be detected by the infra red detectors on the Satellite. Earthquakes are not events which can be covered up even the smallest are detected by seismographs around the world and are reported, if only locally.