Eli asked in HealthDental · 10 years ago

Nite White 22% ACP leaves my teeth patchy white?

I just used Nite White 22% ACP for the first time, I put the gel into my Invisalign trays as instructed. Once I took them out a little over an hour later, there were certain patches on my teeth that were incredibly white, but other patches that weren't. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Will it eventually even out?

Favorite Answer

Hello, It's possible you are one of those people who have various areas in your teeth that will be a but more difficult to bleach...An example would be like many people from west Texas. Due to the drinking water in that area, many have teeth that are, as you say, pachy..They tend to have various shades of brown spots. Then there are those people who's mothers took a lot of antibiotics while pregnant and the children ended up with teeth that were patchy and some lacked enamel as they erupted. If you find the parches don't begin to even out over the next month you need to consult with a dentist. Good luck and I wish you well.

The Denture Pro.

Source(s): F.Spiva Jr. CDT MDT CD <thedenturepro@aol.com>
  • regal

Nitewhite 22

This is normal. We tell our patients to bleach for 2-3 nights, then wait 3-4 nights for the blotchiness to fade. Repeat as necessary.

It may take longer, but it will usually settle.

Personally, I prefer the lower concentration of CP, as I believe it gives less of this patchiness.

Cheers.

Source(s): I'm an orthodontist www.drbrettkerr.com.au

I'm sorry, but what do you think is going to happen? That is a really, really silly question.