Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

IRS form for self-employed?

I spoke to someone when I called the IRS. They asked me how was I self-employed and have no tax write-offs. I told him that at this job, we were supplied with everything (telemarketing), computer, phone, numbers to call, etc. therefore I had none. He asked if I had a set schedual which I did monday-friday 8-5. he said then there is no reason to why they were making me pay for my own taxes. He told me to fill out a form & they will look over my taxes & rule if my previous employers had the right to do that. QUESTION: Do you know what the form is called?

5 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    It's possibly the Internal Revenue Service SS-8 form.

  • 1 decade ago

    Filing Form SS-8 will cause the IRS to contact your employer to get his side of the questions. If it's determined that you are really an employee rather than an independent contractor, your boss will have to pay his half of your FICA and Medicare taxes. It won't affect your income tax. It MAY really upset your boss. You MIGHT find yourself out of work.

    I'm not saying don't file it. I'm just saying be sure you understand the possible consequences. The people I know generally wait till they have found other work before they file it.

  • tro
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    that is an SS8, which you can call 1 800 829 3676 and order one, complete it, submit it to the office that is listed on the form and IRS will determine your status

    are you working at home or in an office of the telemarketer?

  • 1 decade ago

    Why don't you call him back and ask?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.