Desktop computer good deal or not?

Favorite Answer

It comes with 1 gb video, 1TB hd, and 12 GB of ram for under $1000.00. That's a pretty good deal. Only problem I see is you'll have to buy windows and a monitor. I'm sure you already have all that though.

Yeah. Very good deal. But bear in mind that you'll need to fork out for peripherals (mouse/keyboardetc), A monitor, and an operating system. Even going for budget items you're still likely to need to spend at least another $500 to get it to a useable state. Even more if you want high end equipment to match the hardware you're buying. If all that still falls within your budget I'd jump on it.

I just spent about $800 (inc OS) on parts for a less capable system that I built myself, and I really shopped around and got some good deals. That is one of the best buys I've seen for a while. It'll play anything out now on top GFX on a small screen. You'll probably want to change the GFX card before too long however as the 430 isnt the most powerful card out there and will likley hold the rest of that system back a bit, especially if you have a large screen.

.

good deal,but i like laptop more