Should I go to these places in Europe?

I'm backpacking Europe and am unsure about visiting these countries, are any of them worth the time and money?

Denmark, Finland, Hungary, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Ukraine

• Cabal
    Favorite Answer

You're not saying how long you have to do that trip. Some of those countries are very far from each other, ie from Norway to Romania it is nearly 3000 kilometres.

If you're there on a budget and with a time limit, for a first trip I would avoid the countries with limited things to see. Some are very nice but you need time to stroll around the countryside. With that in mind, I would go to Hungary, Budapest is beautiful, and Poland (Warsaw has limited appeal but Krakow is a must). Countries with beautiful sights and few people are those with grandiose places, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Slovenia coast line in summer. Romania has beautiful everything but is a poor country with very bad infrastructures, poor roads, bad coaches, and little knowledge of English. I've never been to Ukraine but got bad reports from friends who went there.

That's my take on it. Others might disagree but that's what I found interesting in these countries.

Most of those are good to visit. I would recommend one of the nordic countries (Sweden, Norway, Finland or Denmark) and one in the center of the continent (Slovakia, Slovenia, Romania, Hungary).

The nordic countries are kinda the same..

The others are different to each other. Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia, is a great city, I went there once. Slovenia and Hungary are small countries, not that interesting. Romania is a nice country. You can visit the Carpathian Mountains, the Danube Delta, the Black Sea and some medieval cities like Sighisoara and Iasi. If you want more modern cities, go to Bucharest, Timisoara, Cluj or Iasi, which are the country's biggest cities. The mountains in Romania are beautiful and the highest point is at 2544m.

Hope I helped!

Romania, Slovakia, Norway and Sweden are worth to visit mainly for the natural sights.

Romania has worth to see folkloric and historical sights, and also Hungary.

You might consider visiting famous cities in Denmark (Göteborg, for example), Luxembourg, Poland (especially Warsaw) Norway and Sweden.

Polish and Hungarians are friendly and welcoming, I think you will like it there :)

You will find interesting things in each place, just be open minded and have a good company with you :)

Have a good time!

Source(s): I am Hungarian I live in Romania I've been in Romania, Hungary, Norway, Poland, Slovakia and Sweden.

I've been living in northern Italy for the last 11 years and travel extensively throughout Europe whenever I get a chance. I have yet to find someplace that has not been worth the price and money. Rather it's worth it for you or not depends a lot on your interests are, how much time you have, and where else you will be visiting. These are spread over a broad area and would require a lot of travel time to cover. If you're planning on using a rail pass, you need to know that it won't be valid in all those places. If you're going to be in the Scandanvia area Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland are all wonderful...but so are the other places.

I have to say, I LOVE Finland. Love, love, love it. But truly, all of those countries sound incredible! Eastern Europe and the Nordic nations are absolutely fantastic, and I'd say that you should try to plan stops in as many of those countries as possible. Luxembourg is also said to be gorgeous. :)

I'd really suggest checking these places out in Finland, if you do backpack there:

-Helsinki is the most metropolitan city in Finland, but it still might be worth your while to check it out! Besides that, it's surrounded by beautiful countryside. Helsinki has fantastic restaurants, a zoo situated on an island close to the harbor, which is the only place in southern Finland where you'll find polar bears, contrary to rumors xD, excellent shopping centers (especially if you want to buy textiles or silverware! Iittala designs are known around the world, as is Marimekko fashion), and a great music scene (Finns love music!).

-Savonlinna, in eastern Finland, is absolutely stunning. The lakes are clear and beautiful, and a traditional sauna in Savonlinna is the epitome of the Finnish experience!

-It may also be worth your while to take a ferry out to the Aland islands, which is a Swedish-speaking province of Finland. Aland is adorable to me- all of the homes are painted bright, cheerful colors, and the harbor is gorgeous!

I hope you have an amazing experience, wherever you go! I'd also recommend checking out Estonia- the language and land is a lot like that of Finland's (except I think Estonia is even more beautiful!) and the people are polite and friendly.

I have to add that people in the Nordic countries (Finland, Iceland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway) speak near-perfect English, so they'd be great places for English-speakers to travel. :)

Source(s): Finnish-American with a passion for different countries and cultures. :)

I don't have much experience with any of the countries on your list but I really suggest you go to Germany; it can be expensive, but it really depends on what you do there. The best trip is to visit small towns, stay in small hotels and inns, and eat at traditional places; the big restaurants have good food, but the small places typically have amazing homecooked meals you can't get anywhere else! The scenery and nature is just breathtaking...and not to mention all the castles to see!

But if you want specifically suggestions about the places on your list, I suggest either Denmark, Finland, Hungary, Norway, or Sweden. :D I don't know much about prices on those though...^^;;

Poland, Norway, Slovakia, Luxembourg +Belgium - they're the best places for visit :)

Poland - you can visit lots of beautiful monumentss, like Wawel in Cracow :)

Norway - beautiful place :) lots of small islands, it look really wonderful

Slovakia - there're lots of big water-parks, with hot, thermal water. This country is the best to visit in winter!

Belgium - really modern country. There's situated EU parliament

wish U nice trip :)

• Orla C

All of them are, but Denmark, Finland, Sweden and Norway are on the expensive side.

At least Finland and Slovenia are both worth for visiting!

• sandhu

i think Armênia=asia, Belarus = europe, Cazaquistão for the main area is in asia however the area between the river and the Ural Russian border, that's the main jap element to the full ecu continent. Federação Russa exchange into in the two territories as properly. Moldova is ecu, Quirquistão = Kyrgyzstan? that's asian. Tadjiquistão is asian, Turcomenistão is asian. Ucrânia is ecu, Uzbequestão is asian. Geórgia is the two ecu and Asian. Azerbaidjão is the two ecu and asian. For the boths they are frequently talked approximately as eurasian. wish this facilitates.