Family Planning for Christians?

This is a question for fellow Christians or those who have read the bible thoroughly. While I appreciate the advice of atheists as well, I would like to make a decision based on scripture. I am 27 years old and planning to marry my boyfriend within the next year. We are both new Christians at a nondenominational... show more This is a question for fellow Christians or those who have read the bible thoroughly. While I appreciate the advice of atheists as well, I would like to make a decision based on scripture. I am 27 years old and planning to marry my boyfriend within the next year. We are both new Christians at a nondenominational Christian church, and have recently begun attending classes for engaged couples. We commented in class one day that we really are not interested in having any children, and the church leaders expressed disappointment in our choice. That said it was our Christian duty to basically "be fruitful and multiply". Is there any scripture that supports the choice not to procreate? I grew up in a very abusive foster home, and lived through the murders of my mother and siblings. I simply do not have the desire to raise a child in this world. Before becoming a Christian, I was sexually active and practiced safe sex with condoms and birth control. Due to my conversion, my current boyfriend and I have chosen to wait for marriage, and are just now facing the issue of the morality of birth control. I don't want to have 19 kids and counting! I've really been anxious about this decision lately, and would appreciate your advice.
Update: I appreciate the genuine advice I'm receiving, and am disappointed by the snarky comments. I hardly think Jerry Springer or Oprah would be interested in my story, or likely to help me in any way, but thanks for your concern.
Update 2: Burning Bush: I believe you misunderstood me. My boyfriend does not want children either. I will make sure to honor, love, and obey my husband to the same extent that he honors, loves, and protects me. Unfortunately, I believe some people have twisted the scripture out of context when it comes to the way a wife... show more Burning Bush: I believe you misunderstood me. My boyfriend does not want children either. I will make sure to honor, love, and obey my husband to the same extent that he honors, loves, and protects me. Unfortunately, I believe some people have twisted the scripture out of context when it comes to the way a wife should treat her husband. You appear to be one of them.