Should I get a Xbox 360?

I currently have a playstation 2 and 3, but ofcourse I play the PS3 more, and I'm in LOVE with it!

But since so many of my friends play the xbox 360, I was thinking of getting one.

The thing is, I heard that you have to play to go online, and I alwayss go online if I get tired of the original game.

Also, I can't think of any exclusives that I might want to get, except for Left 4 Dead.

AND I'm scared of getting the "red ring of death", since I'm very lazy and tend to leave my console on sometimes.

So should I get an Xbox 360? Give me some pros and cons.

ALSO, what games might I like if my favorite games are Uncharted 2 (action/adventure shooter), LittleBigPlanet (platformer), and Ratchet and Clank (platformer) (and no, I didn't mean to make these exclusives)

I'm also interest in Call of Duty, and Grand Theft Auto, but I'd rather buy the games for the PS3.

Lol, reading this again, sorry I didn't mean to sound so pro-PS3 or anything!

• Aaron
    Favorite Answer

I kinda am a PS3 fanboy, but its more in a sentimental kind of way cause of the fun/memories since PS1. I have a 360 though. Havent played it since Fable 2 first came out though. Ive been angry at Microsoft Xbox for a while though. Cause of them paying Developers BIG paychecks to delay DLC for PS3, not mention PS3 in commercials, and only advertise the games for Xbox in an effort to sell more consoles. Instead of doing that they could have lowered the price of Xbox Live instead of raising it like they did this past November. Which proves Microsoft cares way more about money than its users/fans. Hell they could even make Xbox Live free from now on and still make tons and tons of profit. Also the rumor of them paying Activision/Treyarch to "dumb down" the PS3 quality on Black Ops, which was going around way before this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEFoEY767pc

Youtube thumbnail

Xbox Live (online) is a little better that PSN, but you do have to pay for it, $60 a year i think.

As for Xbox exclusives all i can think of is Fable, Gears Of War, Halo, Left for dead (for now, more info on that at the bottom). Used to be Mass Effect, but thats coming to PS3.

Xbox pays to get DLC earlier on some games sooner than PS3. (but thats starting to end with everyone except Activision)

Xbox seems to get the better ports. (thats also starting to change with everyone except Activision)

The newer Xbox consoles dont suffer from the problems, that caused the all the RROD on the older ones. Their ALOT more reliable now than before.

Many believe Left 4 Dead will be on PS3 soon, cause there makers (Valve) are not happy with Xbox, and are actually making Portal 2 for PS3 now also and its gonna be the better version on PS3, when before it was supposed to be exclusive to Xbox like Left 4 Dead. Supposedly Microsoft were making Valve pay to upload patches for games, and pay to add DLC to games that Valve were gonna give to Xbox users for free, but since Xbox was charging them they couldnt. Cause PS3 doesnt charge them PS3 will probably be getting free DLC and more patches/updates. For example Team Fortress 2 has received over 125 updates on PC, and still going strong. The original Portal also received some cool new updates, along with HL2 games. At one point, Valve tried to bring them to 360 but Microsoft responded with "sorry, not for free". Valve recently criticized Xbox Live for not giving any freedom at all while developers can do whatever they want in PSN. With the recent price hike and forced charges for content, Microsoft has really crossed the line with alot of developers. Thats probably why Mass Effect 3 is coming to PS3 this Jan. with extra content and using the updated game engine made for Mass Effect 4.

Heres an article on Valve.. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?i...

Also E.A. games is also starting to favor PS3 also... http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1102136p1.html

Also Rockstar (maker of Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption etc.) is rumored to be favoring PS3 lately also cause of the upcoming PS3 exclusive "Agent", the Red Dead Redemption exclusive DLC, theres also a big rumor thats been going around that Grand Theft Auto V will be exclusive to PS3. (doubt it). Also Sony doesnt pay developers for extra or early content and never will. They have said so many times. They said they will only work extra with helping developers, develop on their system, and not charge them for giving their users DLC, and updates/patches and make it easier for them to do so. Which is probably why PS3 got the same second patch for Fallout New Vegas two weeks before Xbox.

Source(s): I started ranting some but, all is true except maybe the Grand Theft Auto 5 rumor, and a slight maybe on paying Activision to make the PS3 Black Ops version worse. I actually believe that though all you have to do is look at the PS3 exclusives quality compared to Xbox exclusives, and its easy to see the PS3 is capable of more than Xbox.

The Xbox 360 still has an extraordinary failure rate compared to the PS3 & Wii; don't listen to Xbox 360 fanboys', it still exists. Look the studies up, and it's still around.

I, personally, own both; the 360 IS good, however, and it has been fixed quite a bit, and the problems don't occur as much ((but still too often to be good.)). Aside from those things, it's a kickass system with very impressive features, compared to the PS3's online play, and such.

If you like immersion into your console, I'd definitely recommend the 360; the fee isn't really all that much, to be honest. Especially if you just go by the monthly fee if you can't afford the single yearly fee.

Overall - good system, high rate of errors so be careful.

Advice on avoiding errors: Don't overplay it. Be careful where you put it; needs an open space with a lot of room for ventilation, and just be careful. Don't ever leave the system off with a game inside, etc.

If you can avoid errors, the 360 makes for a lovely console.

Source(s): Player.

250gb xbox 360 is beest gaming consoles.

Xbox 360 S Pros

- Nearly silent when compared with the original 360.

- Smaller with a slimmer look.

- Built in wireless N and its fast.

- Integrated optical audio.

- 5 usb ports.

- Internal, but easily accessible 250gb HDD on the bottom of the console.

- Uses half the power of the original.

- Works with most of the old accessories, including the transfer cable.

Xbox 360 S cons

- The IR receiver is located lower on the console and appears to have a narrower field. So depending on setup using a remote maybe a headache.

- Only comes with standard def av cables.

- Does not use the old memory cards or hard drives.

- Touch sensitive buttons that when touch emit a soft tone.

- Kinect ready socket in the back.

There is no difference between the Elite and Arcade versions of the Xbox 360 except for the color. So it would be cheaper to just buy the 120GB hard drive and stick that on there. Unless you WANT the black console, then go for it but thats a lot of money.

Xbox is okay, As a current 360 owner. I am happy with my 360.

The Pro - xbox rewards program,cod maps packs before ps3, Tons of horror games.

You might like Mirror edge, Dead Rising.

If you do get an 360, I would get the cool down the machine.

Source(s): Gamestop.com

yes worth it even more now that kinect is out, the red ring of death isnt seen anymore those problems where fixed and the amount of online play servers the ps3 has is nothing compared to the amount that the xbox has thats why theres a price to play online it cost money to keep them open and with all the other online items like twitter and more

Source(s): i own one

Well, it would give you a chance to play halo :P

But on a serious note, it depends on what you want to play. i own a 360, and i dunno what platformers there are out there, i'm into shooters. but halo and gears are solid series in both campaign and multiplayer, and you won't regret getting them.

As for the online fee, its worth every penny. its great service, and you get tons of extras (sadly they're not available in my country, but i'd use them if they were). The arcade shop is pretty good too.

As for tech specs, 'tis true, the old xboxes died within a year. my current one has so far lasted beyond that though, so i think its nearly 100% fixed.

all in all, tis a solid system. you won't regret it.

Source(s): dual console owner

1. YES you hav to pay to go online. $60/year BTW .. you will be paying very soon for the PS3 to go online as well cause their network blows compared to xbox live and they know so they are going to have a major upgrade soon. just warning you.

2. red ring of death is dead on new slim consoles. theres a built in warning system that pops up when the system is overheating and will turn itself off.

3. games... Gears of War 1 & 2 are a must have.

4. Call of Duty on the PS3 is nothing in comparison to the xbox live community. trust me and about everyone else

5 i dunno but i have seen the playstation network and xbox live makes that look like old school black and white tv.

Its worth it. If you get the Slim console, you cant get the red ring, and Xbox is very great. I have had mine for about a year now and have had NO problems with live or the console AT ALL. Kinect is also cool, PM me if you still need help deciding...

Source(s): Here to help you!

Na you will probally regret that cuz u got to pay a monthly fee for online and its likely you'll get the red rings within a year.

Source(s): I was gonna do the same thing on black friday but luckly i didnt and I saved a lot of $$$$$$

i recently had a similar question 360's dont last at all get an original Xbox you can find great deals on craigslist.