CDMAX
Lv 6
CDMAX asked in SportsWrestling · 9 years ago

Agree/Disagree, WWE could have had a BIG year, but it turned out to be just another avarage year...?

they dropped the ball on so many storylines, and stables, and wrestlers

Lets start with Straight Edge Society, i was expecting them to take over Smackdown, the whole Joey Mercury in SES was a fail, i felt that Shad should have been in SES, it definitely would have put over Shad and SES

Then There was Bret Hart returning, it could have been SO much better

Jack Swagger's push was a fail, they couldn't let him win cleanly over guys like Big Show, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio

Nexus was a great idea, and so was the John Cena nexus storyline, but it was missing something and really wasn't that great

The Cena firing was another great idea, but they made it like he really wasn't fired appearing every week in his ring gear,knee pads, they should done something to make us believe he was fired

and they didn't make Sheamus beat Orton once cleanly during their feud in the Summer and i felt that really hurt him, but he eventually won KOTR

PPV could have been a lot better, on paper, PPV's looked really good

So many great storylines this year but WWE dropped the ball IMO

your thoughts?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

dude i completely agree i don't even know where to begin.i was thinking that when the ses was dominating smackdown i thought that they pick up some people like shad and they could have let it be a rivalry against ses and nexus after they beat up cm punk after the viewers choice raw i was so disapointed when punk said he admired nexus.as far john cena in general their trying to make him the leader of raw and hes good but no matter how good somebody is you can't depend on them to carry the whole show. the only reason why they didn't make us really believe he was fired because they know if they got rid of him they wouldn't even have show for mondays.but the thing that makes me the maddest is that they don't give enough people a chance to win championships.they let the same people hold on to the titles forever and then switch over to another person who's already held it gets it again .to top it all off the talented rookies on nxt if they don't join nexus they don't even get a second chance to get on the show to make things interesting .wwe dropped the ball a lot this year i hope 2011 they get it together.

• 9 years ago

I do agree.. Sorta. The build to Wrestlemania was great, mainly because of the awesome build to the Undertaker/Micheals match. I do agree that they could have done more with the whole Bret Hart return.

They really dropped the ball on The Nexus, they could have done soooo much more with it.. But I dont think the Nexus things has ended yet.

The Swagger push was mega fail, but that has been the case with some other of the first time champions, Orton, CM Punk, and now Swagger. So that wasnt anything new for this year. Agree that it sucked though.

The whole SES thing, was supposed to be a huge deal.. If Serena hadnt been fired, it would have been one of the biggest thing in WWE, the biggest thing on Smackdown atleast. The did have huge plans for that stable, but when Serana got fired and Mercury got injured, all the plans flew out the door and the stable died. Sad isnt it.

But WWE dropping the ball isnt anything new..

So long answer short.. I agree

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

The only purpose of SES was to put over the babyface Big Show. I was not actually expecting high from that stable because I believe Punk's career is better as a singles competitor. Also, the SES had an ineffective campaign to live a healthy lifestyle especially they are only four, actually three members.

Legends are always one-time appearance only. Vince does not want to risk Bret's health. I am happy that he was willing to be a part of the PG Era for a few months time unlike Dwayne Johnson.

I understand why Swagger's push declined recently because his loyalty is tested against veterans.

Or the creative writers has future plans for him.

I expected Cena to be rehired either the RAW GM or Barrett. Vince would lose a lot of profit if Cena is gone. Nexus is a good idea yet they are limited by again, the PG rating.

Sorry but PPVs will not get any better. Injury plagues, Company Releases and the everlasting Cena and Orton story will always be an issue. Seeing the pattern for the past few years, I think wrestling died with Benoit.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Agree with it all.

When CM Punk returns to the ring, I hope they keep the whole SES thing going - without Joey Mercury. But I have a feeling they might turn to a different direction for Punk, I really enjoy him as a commentator too btw.

And the whole Cena getting "fired" storyline was a complete joke, they can't afford to keep him off of television and they should've known that from the beginning.

And I know not many people will agree with this, but Wade Barrett should win the chairs match against Cena at the TLC PPV. It has been a good feud between the 2 guys, but if they have Cena win this match clean then I don't see where they could go from there.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

AGREE, AGREE, AGREE!!!!! Looking back, this year did have a TON of potential. Bret Hart coming back should have been the biggest story in YEARS! Now it's almost like we forgot it happened. The Nexus angle could have been great, and started out great initially. But when Bryan Danielson had to leave because of chokeing the ring announcer, I think it screwed up everything from the get go. Blame the PG rating on that one. Everything pooped out. And now we're left with a broken Nexus and Bret Hart not even being mentioned.

• 9 years ago

yup.....forgot to add how WWE killed the tag team division once again after giving us hope that Hart Dynasty vs Uso could of been something special.....but they had to break up the teams for no specific reason.....oh and why is Rob Terry the body guard for Tyson Kidd?

...I think everybody is against Nexus. Yup it ran its course and should be over already. Isn't it funny that Joe Henning looks more like Larry the Axe and not like Mr. Perfect.

....still waiting to see the 2nd City Saints reunite in WWE.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Well yeah, but what do you expect from a PG show? If you want real entertainment watch ROH. and btw, you mention things that has happened the last 4 months. A year consists of 12 months. There has been a lot of great things in WWE the 8 months you didn't mention.

• 9 years ago

I think that Randy Orton vs Edge's feud and Chris Jericho vs Edge's feud had a potential to be awesome feuds,but no WWE are screw all.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I agree on everything you said 110%and specially on the cena/nexus storyline and cena fired story that was the let down of the year i mean i was soo disappointed on this one and not to talk about the "Juan cena" storyline

• 3 years ago

yes. I turn 18 on april 21

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.