Oh God! Don Fehr former MLB Union leader will now be head of the NHL(Hockey) Players Union. Will he cause ->?

A strike in the NHL like he did to MLB in 1994? This guy in my opinion will ruin the NHL.. Your thoughts?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

How'd that whole 2004-05 NHL season work out under the previous player's union head and the same, sitting commissioner?

You don't have to like Fehr, but he has delivered results.

---------

I take back "previous player's union head" -- the lockout season was under Goodenow, who was asked to leave. He was succeeded by Saskin, who got himself fired. He was followed by Kelly, who was considered too chummy with the commish (Bettman this entire time), so he was pushed out the window as well. After a brief interim director, the NHLPA hired Fehr.

So, since the lockout, the union is now on its fourth director. That's a ship in need of a steady and experienced hand to steer it, and Fehr, based upon his history with the MLBPA, is well qualified to do so.

• Ace
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

It's a possibly that he will cause a strike in the NHL for a entire season like he did in MLB in 1994

• 10 years ago

The NHL is the weakest league out of the 4 major sports. If they strike, the fans will simply watch the NBA and the NFL until the MLB season starts. I dare them to try that tactic, it won't work.

• 10 years ago

i think the nhl players are more aware of this and if he tries to, hes gonna get a mouth full of pucks

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

i think you are going to be accurate as usual.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.