Where to begin selling stuff online?

How do you find someone to sell you the product so you can sell it to someone else? Do you have to register as a company? if yes then how? Do you have to register a distributor or something? If yes then how? Are you allowed to register the company in a different country and operate from the us? I have no clue... show more How do you find someone to sell you the product so you can sell it to someone else?
Do you have to register as a company? if yes then how?
Do you have to register a distributor or something? If yes then how?
Are you allowed to register the company in a different country and operate from the us?

I have no clue where to start, i just know that i want to open an online store(my own, not ebay or amazon) Please shed some light here and tell me where to start. I need to do this fast and make it work.
I know I can figure out the internet part of it - building the website, seo etc' but the other business side of stuff I just have no clue what I'm doing.

If you know of some online ebook or guide that is straight to the point that would be good too. Thank you