Why are the highly paid GOP Senators unwilling to work through the holidays for the 1st responders?

?

healthcare? The Police & Firefighters would work through & do work 24/7 for them & their families. The GOP has abandoned our people in uniform!

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Maybe the GOP should try calling the 'rich' or each other after the next terrorist attack. Our hero 1st responders put it all on the line - no questions asked. GOP can't even earn their pay to help the responders. They will filibuster 'everything' for the top 2%.

Maybe the GOP should call the top 2% the next time they need a 1st responder.

That Bill has been in Congress for 4 years in one form or another - filibustered by GOP every time. The next to the last time it was brought up 'it had too many amendments' in it. The Dems pulled EVERYTHING out of the Bill and tryed running it through several months ago 'without any amendments' and the GOP filibustered because they couldn't add any amendments.

The GOP stopped action on everything for the top 2% and refuse to address ANYTHING for the 1st responders. That's all that I need to know. Our 1st responders don't dice the semantics when it comes time to save our fat - but the GOP - a group of real posers.

• Login to reply the answers
  • ron b
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Pardon me!Who's controlled the purse strings for the last 4 years in congress,who's been President for the last two years? You need to pin the tail on the "donkey" on this one.You forgot that the only "hookers" that won't be working will be the "Dem's" in office when they take off also.

• Lance
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Through the Holidays? When do they work at all? The Party of No does nothing but for the rich.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

They want to attend the Big Bankers Christmas Party, where they are expected to get huge kickbacks for getting the Wealthy a Tax Cut Extension.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

they are not unwilling they are saying the dems are trying to push through bills that should have been dealt with months ago despite the american people having rejected their policies and it is undemocratic to vote on these bills when they know they can't pass them in the new session after this lame duck session when their majority disappears

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

How is this the responsibility of the federal government?

Police and firefighting are local government functions

• jeremy
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Because the bill you are refering to has a lot more to it than that. Why not give an honest depiction of the entire bill and then ask why they won't supprot it? Most likely, an honest evaluation of the entire bill would give you the answer.

I see this answer is getting rated down quite a bit. I do apologise for asking for more honesty in the debate.

• 9 years ago

It's a kinder, gentler approach--they will refer the resources to the unions where they just don't have the fund to cover it. That's the problem with having representatives that sit on the fence to promote their own careers.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

That is really a no brainer . They could vote yes on their way to the airport .

• thrddg
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

There is a lot of fruad with this whole thing in MY OPINION.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.