When should my period start after miscarriage?

I had a miscarriage at 20 weeks and had surgery to remove the baby. The surgery was on 11/4 and I bled for a couple weeks. It's now 12/17 and I still haven't had a period. Is this normal? I'm going to call the doctor when the office is open but hope I can get some info before that.

Thanks.

You're still in the normal zone, try not to worry yet. It is normal for a period to return after a miscarriage anytime between 3-8 weeks, usually measuring from the time bleeding ends.

My miscarriage had to be induced w/medication as it didn't happen naturally & I didn't want surgery. I was early enough on that I didn't need surgery. The bleeding lasted for a week from beginning to end, and my period started 4 weeks from the end of the bleeding (5 weeks from the beginning of the bleeding). My doctor told me it could take up to 8 weeks though, and still be normal. So I'd give your body a few more weeks. If you are worrying, call your doctor for some peace of mine. That is always helpful!

If you're having any strange discharge or pains, or still have any unusual bleeding, call your doctor sooner just to make sure you didn't get a lingering infection. It's unlikely, and I'm sure they checked for all of that. I'm so sorry for your loss - miscarriages are heartbreaking. <3

Source(s): Miscarried February 2010

My first after 3 weeks later was light more like spotting. The real "period" my regular flow etc showed the next month 4 weeks later for me . 7 week just shy of 2 months and I was physically back to "normal"

I am sorry for your loss . I wish you much healing and luck when you decide you are ready to try again.