How do I fix my toilet? Help please!?

My hall bathroom toilet won't flush right. When I flush it it just fills ALL the way up and then slowly drains out. It takes like 30-40 minutes to drain. The toilet paper doesn't go down either. It just sticks to the sides of the bowl. Anyone have any advice? I'd rather not call a plumber if I don't have to.

I tried a plunger a few days ago. The paper smells horrible so I wasn't able to do it for that long. I think I'll put on hubby's gas mask and try again.

• Tomcat
    Favorite Answer

If you have a good plunger, I prefer the bellows type, should clear the clog. The classic type plunger in my opinion is harder to use. Put the plunger in the bowl and work up and down until it clears. You may have to try it several times.

http://www.ehow.com/video_2329600_using-plunger-to...

The toilet is blocked. Try a plunger, that usually works.

a simple plunger should do the trick :)

I hate to say it, but you just gotta plunge.....hold your breath, go in, plunge, repeat.

i prefer the plungers that that have a reverse cone shape at the end........and unless you're Lenny Kravitz, it should do the trick.

Source(s): homeowner