Anonymous

"Must have sense of humor" on job description - does it mean "American whites only"?

it's a very narrowminded thing to say and in my opinion racist...

I guess you all think it's ok to be racist against Asians and Europeans who have a different cultural/language background and probably won't get your jokes.

Favorite Answer

I'm black and I am not offended by it.

I don't think it's racist, I think it means the boss is an azsshole whose jokes you will have to laugh at or be ostracized

RACIST??? Wow. saying THAT in itself is quite racist. To ASSUME only a white person is capable of having a sense of humor is incredibly narrow minded.

What? Anyone can have a sense of humor. How is this racist?

No, that is code for 'women likely to sue if they hear a booby joke need not apply'. It doesn't mean you're expect to laugh at their jokes, just not to take them to court over it.

It has nothing to do with race - THIS is what they mean: "This workplace is so chaotic, you will be so stressed out all the time, we want you to LAUGH instead of going postal & to laugh instead of complaining to management about things"

Source(s): 20 year veteran office worker

It's certainly a very sweeping statement and subscribes to extreme stereotypes. I would say it is extremely biased towards Whites, and racist towards all the others.

I cant believe people who can operate a computer cant see how this is racist! you clearly can not READ !

NO !

It means "Must have sense of humor"

You Coons find "racism" under every rock , don`t you ??

Now you can say you have to sit on your fat assess because "Must have sense of humor" means they don`t want Blacks to apply !!

What`s NEXT ????

No. It means you must be able to laugh when you see your paycheck.

hahaha! anyone with an issue with that SHOULD get the exit door..unproductive whiners..but what does it have to do with race?