promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How is it that the first African American President let the Republicans destroy the USA by extending tax cuts?

A European history book question 100 years from now. The chapter on the "North American Wasteland"

Update:

By 2012, the USA will owe $15,000,000,000,000 (15 Trillion)(15 Thousand Billion)

If somebody don't start paying taxes, the USA will cease to exist.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

First of all, these tax cuts have been in place for 10 years and the one who put them in place was George W. Bush. And last time I checked, he was not an African-American.

Secondly, the American people are responsible for the tax cuts being extended.

Because has they gone out and voted AGAINST the Republicans during the midterm elections, then President Obama never would have been placed in a position where he had to compromise with the Republicans or else allow them to hold this country hostage by stopping all legislation.

So America is simply reaping what she sowed.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • bavar
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i might decide for to work out some hyperlinks. communicate approximately blackmail - we could communicate concerning the only million.2 billion in bribes for the obama kill jobs bil aka obama care. even obama tried to get some bribes in. the present election in undemanding terms proves that u . s . of america would not decide for this insane spending that has long previous on too long. we are in a position to thank the Dem's for the financial meltdown with the fannie and freddie losses. the Dem's voted against any regulation of the loans and the losses proceed each and every quarter - nevertheless without regulation. what number failed stimulus expenditures have we had. 860 billion to maintain unemployment under 8%. LOL lies - how concerning the well-being care lie from obama whilst he mentioned well-being care expenses does no longer improve. LOL secret conferences on well-being care - lots for the open administration. and my own favourite is the "shovel waiting jobs" which on no account existed. LOL great firms are hoarding their revenue and not hiring, small business enterprise isn't hiring as lots of the taxes interior the obama kill jobs bill aka obama care are for small business enterprise.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

When Obama started 2 years ago the deficit was 10 Trillion, now in only a couple of years its almost 14 Trillion already! Who is destroying America exactly? The tax cuts extensions isn't giving the rich more, its allowing them to keep more of what they earn and to create more jobs.

• 9 years ago

It will be a "trick question", because the premise ("Republicans destroy the USA by extending tax cuts") is false, since extending the tax cuts would not "destroy the USA".

FYI - If the government cut spending, it could use the savings to pay down the debt.

Liberals, however, will always spend more than revenue (even if they had a 100% tax rate).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • mackie
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

I do not know what it takes for you liberals get it through you head,it is not tax cuts that will hurt the debt,it is the the worthless spending that Obama and his liberal congress has imposed on us in the last two years. YOU HAVE TO STOP THE SPENDING to get the debt under control and keep this country from going bankrupt. This is what is going to hurt you liberals,you have never learned to suck it up for the good of all people.You has always been the take and give me more and let the rich and working tax payers pay for it group.Well,we are fed up with your social justice ways.It is time to take back and save this country.You are either on board or a whining American who can't stand for some of his social goodies to be eliminated or cut back. It is your choice.

• 9 years ago

We have a GDP that is about that size.

We paid off our WWII debt which was 120% of GDP with no problem.

It's not the debt itself that is the problem, it's how were spending it. We should be making investments in our economy.

But sure, the tax cuts on the rich are a waste of money, but it's only 70b per year. In exchange we get a whole lot of other things.

• Any idiot would know that if you raise taxes during a recession, you are asking for big trouble

And not extending is the same as raising taxes

P. S. No pun intended about being an idiot

• 9 years ago

He has to play the middle ground, whether he likes it or not. He needs the votes and he needs to compromise on some of his policy decisions.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I aint read no comic books since I was a boy Davey. Maybe yall shood make a effort to grow up too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.