Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Amir Khan at 140 for the Junior Welterweight Title who wins? Plus A Bonus Question?

BQ:] I remember that Amir Khan was calling out Juan Manuel Marquez after a win

over Marco Antonio Barrerra. Juan Manuel Marquez vs Amir Khan at 140 for Kahn's

WBA Junior Welterweight Championship of the World won wins?

Bonus Question:] This next question is not meant to disrespect anyone in yahoo's

boxing section. Here goes. Why won't Ivan 'Iron Boy' Calderon go to Mexico for his

rematch with Giovanni Segura? I've been a boxing fan for many many years and I've

noticed that not that many Puerto Rican fighters are willing to go to Mexico for title

matches in boxing or any boxing matches if that. Can anyone tell me why is that??

-I'm a Latino Mexican-American.

BQ2:] What are the Top Five Boxing Matches you've seen this year in 2010?

The Best Boxing Matches that I've seen this year are.

1. Kelly Pavlik vs. Sergio Martinez

2. Ivan Calderon vs. Giovanni Segura

3. Humberto Soto vs. Urbano Antillon

4. Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Michael Katsidis

5. Amir Khan vs. Marcos Rene Maidana

Wow Cathee! I'm very impressed you know a lot about the sport of boxing. I like that. You got the best answer so far and interesting choices on your top boxing matches of 2010.

Favorite Answer

bq1:The fight at 140 would be good for Marquez. If he beats Khan he becomes the first Mexican to win a 4th title in 4 weight classes. Not even the great Salvador Sanchez, Ricardo Lopez, or Julio Cesar Chavez have accomplished that feat. But Marquez is old and he will not be competitive at 140 or above. We have proof that he is not comfortable anything above 135 but we dont have proof that he is a great 140 plus pounder fighter. I pick Khan to beat Marquez by decision if it's held at 140. If I can subract 5 years ago, Marquez would win by TKo over Khan.

Bonus Question: As far as Puerto Rican boxers heading to Mexico, you are definitely correct. Most of the Puerto Rican fighters in fact fight Mexican boxers in Mexico. Rosario, Serrano, Jose Torres, Cotto, Trinidad, Benitez, Juan Laporte, Molina, Carlos Ortiz, Gomez, Escobar, and Esteban De Jesus rarely fought in Mexico, in fact only Benitezand Trinidad are the only ones who have fought in Mexico. Most of their fights were either in Puerto Rico, USA, or South America. I would definitely like to see more Puerto Rican fighters to fight in Mexico. Segura isn't that popular for Calderon to go there. But I think Cotto can fight Saul Alvarez in Mexico or maybe Wilfredo Vasquez Jr can fight Fernando Montiel in Mexico too. Those would be big fights over there.

bq2: Top 5 matches I have seen so far have been:

1. Humberto Soto vs Urbano Antillon

2. Amir Khan vs Marcos Maidana

3. Lucian Bute vs Edison Miranda

4. Juan Manuel Lopez vs Steven Luevano

5. Vic Darchinyan vs Abner Mares

1. Sergio Martinez

2. Giovanni Segura

3. Humberto Soto

4. Juan Manuel Marquez

5. Amir Khan

• David

Well Junior Welterweight is a weight class not just 140 lbs. It all depends on Marquez because he is 37 years old and even though he looked incredible against Katsidis he could still grow old over night. If the same Marquez that beat Katsidis fights Khan, I would say Marquez would win by a late round TKO

I am Joshua Mbngo Dmbungo TONGUE-CLICK Jnr. Jnr.

I think this a stretch too far Marquez, he looked average at 147 (albeit against an exceptional opponent in Mayweather) and I don't think Marquez can carry enough up to 140. Kahn's too young, big and nimble in my view. Marquez is a warrior, never forget, and would push Kahn all the way, but I don't believe he could KO Kahn with a single clean punch seen as Maidana couldn't do it. Nor do I believe he could keep pace with young, lightening handed Kahn. A bad choice for Marquez in my view, and Kahn doesn't want a reputation for beating washed up mexican legends.

TONGUE-CLICK!

• Red™

Marquez will knock Khan out in the middle rounds.

Calderon too scared to get beaten again in home turf.

Martinez vs Pavlik

Dawson vs Pascal

Khan vs Maidana

Mayweather vs Mosely

Pacquiao vs Margarito

too many questions for me lol

i say if marquez can fight at 144 to fight mayweather

he can weigh in at at 140 and k.o king khan marquez is on another level to khan more skill more heart more better and tougher.

• Myself

Marquez is too small and he is not aggressive enough to track down a very mobile Khan.

• Q: JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ BY 10TH ROUND TKO OVER AMIR KHAN

BQ: THEY ARE SCARED TO GO TO MEXICO. WITH ALL THAT IS GOING

ON IN THAT COUNTRY WHO CAN BLAME THEM? THE JAPANESE PRO

AREN'T SCARED TO GO FIGHT IN A BOXING MATCH IN MEXICO LOOK

AT TOSHIAKI NISHIOKA HE WENT TO MONTERREY, MEXICO AND HE

KNOCKED OUT JHONNY GONZALEZ IN A TITLE FIGHT IN 3 ROUNDS.

BQ2: IDK WE HAD A LOT OF GOOD FIGHTS THIS YEAR IN ALL BOXING.