Should we be swayed at all by public opinion? Or should we serve God giving thanks in all situations?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • -
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I walk by Faith and keep my eyes on the WORD OF GOD. No I am not swayed by public opinion.

God is in control and we need to seek Him for what we do.

Yes we are to give thanks in all situation that is something that we do automatically.

Source(s): Christian who lives for Jesus
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

We should always weigh public opinion with what the Word of God is telling us. We know that the philosophy of the world is not right. In fact, it is insanity compared to the holy written word of God. The wicked want the righteous to disappear so they can live without any restrictions. But they don't realize what they are asking for. The world is wrong unless they are in love with God the way you are. Jesus is Lord!!!

Colossians 2:8 (King James Version)

8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

1 John 2:15-17 (King James Version)

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

serve God by giving thanks in all situations.

Its kinda hard because people who dont believe in God act like your the stupidest person in the world.

In reality you maybe be way more inteligent than them.

but then again the bible talked about people like them.

Romans 1:20-22(NLT)

There are things about him that people cannot see—his eternal power and all the things that make him God. But since the beginning of the world those things have been easy to understand by what God has made. So people have no excuse for the bad things they do.21 They knew God, but they did not give glory to God or thank him. Their thinking became useless. Their foolish minds were filled with darkness.22 They said they were wise, but they became fools

Because they did these things, God left them and let them go their sinful way, wanting only to do evil. As a result, they became full of sexual sin, using their bodies wrongly with each other.25 They traded the truth of God for a lie. They worshiped and served what had been created instead of the God who created those things, who should be praised forever. Amen.

Because people did those things, God left them and let them do the shameful things they wanted to do. Women stopped having natural sex and started having sex with other women.27 In the same way, men stopped having natural sex and began wanting each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and in their bodies they received the punishment for those wrongs.

Source(s): the bible
  • Bridge
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Serving God is always best, no matter what. it is hard to stay calm when public opinion goes ramming in the wrong direction, but somehow we have to.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

We could always look at the facts weigh up the arguments, and make a decision for ourselves.

Public opinion is what the media says, and god is only useful if you are a christian who believes in the existence of god x

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Public opinion is often wrong. God is NEVER wrong. We should serve God no matter what.

• 9 years ago

Neither. We should only listen to our own hearts, minds, and instincts. Make the choices right for yourself, not what someone else or some book dictates.

"The only evil is intolerance, and the only good human kindness. You may live without love, but never live without loving."

• 9 years ago

Very Much in Love with God, What did Jesus do when confronted with the cross. There is your answer

• 9 years ago

i'm not sure i get this, but i would try to pray in all situations for guidance. of course you should count your blessings. but if public opinion thinks you should be ridiculed and put upon, i wouldn't be thankful for that

• Matt
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Serve God, He will take care of you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.