Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Spiritually speaking, do hangovers hurt more than they used to?

Did corn bread and iced tea take the place of pills and 90 proof?

-Occulty

Best Answer

I don't know because I'm totally a good and innocent girl and I never drink, but I hope your sinful self *says totally not judgmentally* gets to feel better soon.

((((((((((Occultly))))))))))

Yup. They get worse and last longer with each passing year. Gone are the days when I could shrug 'em off in ten minutes and crack open the breakfast vodka.

Cynic32 has the right idea though.Water is our WMD in the war on pain. A pint of that stuff, and some proper orange juice (the stuff with bits in) before bed can work wonders in staving off the ol' beer karma.

• Muppet

Researchers claim food also speeds up the metabolism helping the body get rid of the booze more quickly.

Elin Roberts, of Newcastle University's Centre for Life said: "Food doesn't soak up the alcohol but it does increase your metabolism helping you deal with the after-effects of over indulgence. So food will often help you feel better.

"Bread is high in carbohydrates and bacon is full of protein, which breaks down into amino acids. Your body needs these amino acids, so eating them will make you feel good."

Ms Roberts told The Mirror: "Bingeing on alcohol depletes neurotransmitters too, but bacon contains a high level of aminos which tops these up, giving you a clearer head."

Researchers also found a complex chemical interaction in the cooking of bacon produces the winning combination of taste and smell which is almost irresistible. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/51...

• Oof.

Do they ever.

Might have something to do with the increased tolerance, but I don't see why drinking a full .750 of Scotch should hurt that bad.

I didn't feel any more drunk than I used to after a twelve-pack back in college...

Spiritually speaking, they should be hurting less as 2012 grows nearer.

• Demi

I wouldn't know what this "hangover" thing feels like. I'm Norwegian. We start training young.

Source(s): One of the rare instances I get to gloat rather than run away crying in fear and confusion

They hurt about the same but they happen a lot more frequently.

set the alarm to wake up in the middle of the night

rehydrate

go back to bed

• /\

I was hungover so much,

I used to think it was the normal way to feel.

Just standard operating procedure..

yeah, but you know i was never a pansy like that 101 proof or higher, I used to say.