Are all showjumpers high strung?

I was talking to my riding instructor while looking at some really high jumps, and she said it takes only a few special horses that will jump really high. She also said that those kinds of horses are high strung and won't just stand around patiently like the riding school horses, and that they're hard to... show more I was talking to my riding instructor while looking at some really high jumps, and she said it takes only a few special horses that will jump really high. She also said that those kinds of horses are high strung and won't just stand around patiently like the riding school horses, and that they're hard to handle.

Is this true? Thanks!
Update: Chill, Fennec. I'm new to the horse riding world so of course I'm going to listen to someone who is much more knowledgable about equines than me- my instructor. And no I didn't just believe her automatically, which is why I asked this on Yahoo....