Fun facts about Missouri?

I need to write a research paper on Missouri and I'm freaking out because I have no clue what to write about. What's a cool topic I can write about? I need something interesting, not the state bird or something. Thank you so much for your help!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Missouri was the 24th state in the United States and became a state on August 10th, 1821. It was also the birthplace of our the 33rd President, Harry S. Truman; born in Lamar, Missouri [near Joplin] on May 8, 1884.

Capitol: Jefferson City

Largest City: St. Louis

Residents Named: Missourians

State Nickname: "The Show-Me State"

Origin of the Name 'Missouri': Missouri was named for an Algonquin Indian word that means "river of the big canoes."

State Motto: "Salus populi suprema lex esto". The welfare of the people shall be the supreme law.

Area - 69,709 square miles. Missouri is the 21st largest state in square miles in the USA.

Major Industries: Corn and soybean farming, zinc and lead mining, aircraft equipment, cars and beer

Highest Point: Taum Sauk Mountain - 1,772 above sea level

State Bird: Bluebird

State Tree: Flowering Dogwood

State Animal: Missouri Mule

State Insect: Honey Bee

State Aquatic Animal: Paddlefish

State Fish: Channel Catfish

State Flower: White Hawthorn

State Nut Tree: Eastern Black Walnut

State Fossil: Crinoid

State Mineral: Galena [lead sulfide]

State Rock: Mozarkite

State Musical Instrument: Fiddle

State Folk Dance: Square Dance

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Sheryl Crow, Brad Pitt, Sara Evans are from MO

Ike and Tina Turner started in St Louis.

• 3 years ago

The Hallmark Museum - you pass simply by fact "it is there"; regardless of the undeniable fact that it is quite relaxing & unfastened, plus you get a unfastened card and you get to apply the ribbon gadget! it quite is quite better than one relaxing reality... KC is an exceptionally relaxing city so i'd desire to arise with different relaxing data, yet you will would desire to await yet another question.

• 5 years ago

It's bordered by more states (7) then any other state in the union.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.