Can anyone tell me how i didn't make the playoffs in my fantasy fb league when i scored the most points?

my season total was 1702 and i came in 5th out of 6th people with a record of 4-7 i had 1595 points scored against me making my total positive 107 points the people who made the 4 playoff spots had these results 1. 8-3 1450 pts - 1427 pts +23 2. 6-5 1695 pts - 1689 pts +6 3. 6-5 1581 pts - 1602 pts... show more my season total was 1702 and i came in 5th out of 6th people with a record of 4-7

i had 1595 points scored against me making my total positive 107 points

the people who made the 4 playoff spots had these results

1. 8-3 1450 pts - 1427 pts +23

2. 6-5 1695 pts - 1689 pts +6

3. 6-5 1581 pts - 1602 pts -21

4. 6-5 1571 pts - 1573 pts -2

so as you can see i not only had the most points but also had the best point differential and 2 of the players ahead of me had more points scored against. so can anyone please tell me how i ended up out of the playoff picture it really makes no sense, especially when u look at the fact that i scored over 2500 more points the first place guy who had an 8-3 record, he also had a negative point differential the whole season until the last weeks game. basically what this tells me is that fantasy football is bullshit and completely based on luck especially when u look at the amazing team i picked this year at the beginning of the season there was almost no doubt in my mind i was going to win or atleast make the playoffs check out my roster

QB1: Aaron Rodgers
QB2: Drew Brees
WR1: Roddy White
WR2: Dwayne Bowe/Mike Williams (TB)
WR3: Hakeem Nicks/Wes Welker
HB1: Arian Foster
HB2: Michael Turner/Steven Jackson/Fred Jackson
TE: Vernon Davis (originally had Jermichael Finely but when he went down traded to get Davis)
K: David Buehler (went with Janikowski most of the season though)
DEF: Atlanta Falcons (went with the Steelers for most of the season though)

so all this being said (i know it was very long) HOW THE **** DID I NTO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS?!?!?!!
Update: I know record decides playoffs, im asking how did i not end up with a better record. and yeah i have a hard time believing i ended up 4-7 too. i had the 6th pick in the draft (meaning i also got the 7th) and took Rodgers and Brees with my consectutive picks. Roddy White or Steven Jackson was my next pick and i got... show more I know record decides playoffs, im asking how did i not end up with a better record. and yeah i have a hard time believing i ended up 4-7 too. i had the 6th pick in the draft (meaning i also got the 7th) and took Rodgers and Brees with my consectutive picks. Roddy White or Steven Jackson was my next pick and i got Turner cause some idiot in my league dumped him when he was slumping at the beginning of the season. and as for the rest of the league theres two other teams that were as good or close to as good as myn but id still pick myn as the best even though i ended up 4-7 somehow.