Kaykayyy asked in SportsOther - Sports · 1 decade ago

Advice for buying my first SUP board?

For christmas my wish was to purchase a SUP board. My parents are okay with it, but they want to make the best purchase necessary; meaning they don't want to pay too much for one, get cheated off of by a sales person, or want the board to be missing any components. I'm not an expert at SUP, but I did attend a surf camp for a week, getting to try it out. And it was something I definitely want to stick with. Is there any Stand up paddle boarders out there that have any advice? Should i try look on Craigslist or Ebay? And if i do buy one from a store-are there any components on the SUP board i should try look out for? Any questions i should ask the sales person? The board i'm looking around is an 10 foot because I'm 5 foot 6, and my weight is 135. Oh, and would it be bad to buy a used board or would a new board be best, because i plan to use it as much as possible (weekends) Thank you in advice to any help at all :)

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ask Friends that have boards for advice,anyone on here could tell you anything when they have no idea at all,.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.