Kaykayyy asked in SportsOther - Sports · 1 decade ago

Advice for buying my first SUP board?

For christmas my wish was to purchase a SUP board. My parents are okay with it, but they want to make the best purchase necessary; meaning they don't want to pay too much for one, get cheated off of by a sales person, or want the board to be missing any components. I'm not an expert at SUP, but I did attend a surf camp for a week, getting to try it out. And it was something I definitely want to stick with. Is there any Stand up paddle boarders out there that have any advice? Should i try look on Craigslist or Ebay? And if i do buy one from a store-are there any components on the SUP board i should try look out for? Any questions i should ask the sales person? The board i'm looking around is an 10 foot because I'm 5 foot 6, and my weight is 135. Oh, and would it be bad to buy a used board or would a new board be best, because i plan to use it as much as possible (weekends) Thank you in advice to any help at all :)

Favorite Answer

Ask Friends that have boards for advice,anyone on here could tell you anything when they have no idea at all,.