Since GHWB wasn't re-elected for breaking one campaign promise, what are the odds that Obama will not be?

Is Obama's fan base capable of not re-electing him for breaking campaign promises or did we learn during the Clinton years that liberal politicians lying gives them better credibility?

*cough*

Blumenthal

*cough*

Update:

I'm out to get you, so we aren't seeing politics as usual in Washington? lol...

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

See the answers. Liberals have no idea they're being lied to, because the administration won't tell them, and that's where they get their talking points.

---------------

EDIT: Ha! Some of these liberals don't even know who GHW Bush is!

• stwart
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Of the sixteen broken delivers of the 503 delivers tracked via Politifact (greater advantageous than a million/2 the ensures are mentioned as "interior the works", meaning that they have not yet been fulfilled, yet nevertheless might desire to be), probably the main significant is the promise approximately greater durable regulations for lobbyists. one might desire to argue that the promise has technically been stored, yet Politifact does not purchase it, and that i do no longer the two. Getting around it via asserting you have greater durable regulations, yet often granting waivers, merely does not decrease it. confident, i'm a liberal, and no, i do no longer shelter something a liberal does nor do I criticize something a conservative does. that's ultimate to make judgments based on the information. the undeniable fact that merely approximately if no longer all politicians make marketing campaign delivers that they later injury does not justify the prepare for any of them. at times a broken promise IS justified. circumstances substitute. Doubling investment for after college classes might desire to be an occasion of this. The financial equipment replaced into in drastically worse shape whilst Obama took workplace than whilst he began campaigning, so some issues that would desire to have made experience in November of 2009 might have been folly via 2009.

• 9 years ago

President Bush was re-elected, and served the maximum number of terms under the US Constitution.

• 9 years ago

Huh? There were many reasons GHWB wasn't re-elected. It wasn't just the "read my lips ..." thing. I suggest you stop watching Fox News for a while and turn on a less partisan news source. Bush Jr. made a habit out of lying but right-wingers still supported him.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

it wasn't a campaign promise that lost GHWB re-election.

It was a collapsing economy thanks to his predecessor's trade deregulation. A situation that was only temporarily fixed by lowering capital gains on real estate making it look like a great tax haven for investors.

Taxes didn't go up on those capital gains prior to that house of cards falling.

• 9 years ago

0bama does not have a snowballs chance in Hell of being re-elected, his supporters are jumping ship and his approval is falling faster than Barney Frank's pants at a boy scout jamboree

Source(s): MERRY CHRISTMAS May God bless you and may God keep us safe from the progressive axis of evil;0bama,Pelsoi & Reid.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

So far President Obama has not broken any campaign promises.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

GHW Bush wasn't reelected because he was an ineffectual president.

• Ron R
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

huh? GWB was re-electd to a second term

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

He doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.