Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

Is gretzky's quote you miss 100% of the shots you NEVER take or that you DON'T take.?

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take

Between the two.. which did Gretzky say?

Favorite Answer

First quoted in an interview he did with Bob MacKenzie (then editor of the Hockey News) in 1983

The full quote is

"You miss one hundred percent of the shots you don't take. Even though there is only a 1-5% probably of scoring"

The quote was in response to the question "You have taken a lot of shots this year"

At the time, Gretzky was on pace to record 400 SOG, the second person in league history to do so (he didn't do it)

January 16, 1983 edition of the Hockey News (and I have it right in front of me)

Note: This is the 4th time I've seen/heard this question this month!

Wayne Gretzky Quotes

Cyrenaica knows the answer to this because I have seen the Q & A before but I cannot remember or find the link. I am sure he won't mind if you E-Mail him the Q if you don't get a definitive answer-http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/activity?show=7a2e5916...

• ?

It amounts to the same thing so who cares?