How much do you need to make a year to afford a 250k house?

This may be a dumb question to some or not make any sense. I'm just playing around with numbers and would like to know how much income I would have to make yearly before taxes to be able to get approved for a $250,000 home. I assume each bank is different but is there a typical level of income to get approved... show more This may be a dumb question to some or not make any sense. I'm just playing around with numbers and would like to know how much income I would have to make yearly before taxes to be able to get approved for a $250,000 home. I assume each bank is different but is there a typical level of income to get approved for that amount? As of right now I'm heading to have 20% of that amount saved before even considering buying a home. I just don't like renting and spending $1300 a month on that.

I should hit my goal of saving 50000 for a down payment in 3 years. Along with $15000 for extra expenses like closing.
Update: So I guess I would be trying to get a loan for 200k