Why does God bless the unbeliever?

I try my hardest to have faith in God but it's tough to do when everything is going against me. I've recently (about 2 years ago) been demoted, we can hardly afford our mortgage/bills. My kids (who are so great and behaved) get little to no "extras" that they deserve so much. We have internet, but... show more I try my hardest to have faith in God but it's tough to do when everything is going against me. I've recently (about 2 years ago) been demoted, we can hardly afford our mortgage/bills. My kids (who are so great and behaved) get little to no "extras" that they deserve so much. We have internet, but no cable, no cell-phone plans, ratty clothes, ratty shoes, can't afford field trips, I couldn't even afford to pay the 120 dollars it costs to get my son signed up for Pop Warner this summer, my buddy had to help me out.

Which leads me to him. He's an ATHEIST, he's blessed with so many things tangible and intangible. His kid (age 10 like my son) is not only one of the fastest kids (speed wise) in Southern California, but he's also one of the smartest kids in the country (top 3 percentile). His wife is this beautiful elegant ex model turned Psychologist. He's a doctor, and his oldest son is ready to receive a full-ride scholarship in basketball to a D1 university next year. They live right by the beach, their kids are flooded with every "extra" imaginable, which makes my boy jealous.

Why has God blessed him? Both he and his wife and his oldest son are all atheist. I pray, I tide, I go to church, I worship, I sacrifice everything for my family, yet my life keeps getting worse. Why does God bless the unbeliever?