If Jesus came today, would he be loved and acclaimed or vilified and demonized?

30 Answers

Relevance
  • Mike K
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hello Bruce,

A great question. First we need to look back in history and see how He was treated in His time. The Jews rejected Him overall because they claim he did not fulfil many of the prohecies and they were expecting more of a great military leader like those in the Book of Judges to overthrow their opressers, make Judea # 1 and usher in an era of peace where swords would be made into plough shears and the lamb would lay down with the lion. They were greatly disappointed with his heavenly kingdom concept. However, Christians point out that the Jews misunderstood a lot of their scriptures.

Now many Christians are divided on how the end times are coming and that Christ will come in cacaclysmic glory to clean up house on earth. There is division in the interpretation of the rapture or no rapture through to salvation. To many Christians if Christ were to not fulfil the scenario of the Book of Revelations to a T due to our misinterpretations of scripture, I could see Christ also being rejected, vilified and demonized across the board as well.

Cheers,

Michael Kelly

• 9 years ago

Since Jesus is already here through the Holy Spirit and people already have the opportunity to react to him I would presume it would be the same if he were here in the flesh...some would love and acclaim and some would vilify and demonize.

• 9 years ago

Luke 18:1-8 Douay-Rheims Bible

1 Then he told them a parable about the necessity for them to pray always without becoming weary.

7 Will not God then secure the rights of his chosen ones who call out to him day and night? Will he be slow to answer them?

8 I say to you, that he will quickly revenge them. But yet the Son of man, when he cometh, shall he find, think you, faith on earth?

Whatever is the meaning of that.

Source(s): Luke 18
  • 9 years ago

One can't say but I think that as when He came first He was received and was also not accepted by others so it will be again today. Today's world is no better than the past.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ses
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Hi. He would be loved. There are those who are evil and would start trouble. You know though evil would not win. More of humanity would not repeat history but embrace Jesus and stand firm. Peace

• 9 years ago

If he came back today, then I wouldn't be here for i believe in the Rapture and he has said how he is coming back to earth the next time.

On the clouds of heaven and he will be visible to all and those tribes and people still here will be mournful and sorrowful.

The time for choice is long passed.

• 9 years ago

If Jesus' first coming was today, it would be the same as it was then. Some would believe and some would not believe. WHEN Jesus does come again, even those who chose not to believe will knee before Him and proclaim that He is The Savior, and the Son of the living God.

• 9 years ago

The bible says that "every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord. This will happen at Christ's return. Christians will be overjoyed, the non believers will be kicking themselves

• Mack
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Depends upon how he arrives. If he descends from the heavens with a chorus of angels, he'll get lots of media time. If he's born in a barn and starts upsetting preachers again, well that didn't work so well last time...

• Robby
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Jesus is the same today as he was yesterday, God which is Jesus never changes, only man.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.