22 inch rims on a 2006 toyota tacoma access cab SR5 Possible?

Hey everyone I have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab SR5 edition that comes stock on 15 inch rims. The tires are about to go out and I was thinking of lifting the truck about 3 inches and then putting some 17 inch rims and a new set of tires in. However I have a buddy who is selling a nice set of 22 inch rims for... show more Hey everyone I have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab SR5 edition that comes stock on 15 inch rims. The tires are about to go out and I was thinking of lifting the truck about 3 inches and then putting some 17 inch rims and a new set of tires in. However I have a buddy who is selling a nice set of 22 inch rims for much less and I was wondering if anyone knows how to determine the maximum rim/tire combo I can put into my truck without already having the lift kit installed. I know 17 inch rims work since they are used on the pre-runner and the truck is essentially the same. If anyone has uped the rim size on their toyota tacoma I would love to hear from you or if you work on cars and have seen this done.