Rainier asked in TravelAsia PacificChina · 9 years ago

Why are Asians so fast?

Why do all asians act so fast. Like the way we move, the way we talk

and the way we act compared to other races?

Im filipino and proud to be asian!

Favorite Answer

Stereotype: The assumption and belief that all members of a particular group (in your case, "Asians") act and behave in the same or similar manner.

All Asians are NOT fast. To be honest, "fast" is not an adjective I would typically use to describe Chinese. I live in China and I see them all the time. People in large cities appear to have a faster lifestyle, but that doesn't ring true for everyone.

I live in a smaller city and our pace of life is slower.

I've never been to the Philippines, so I can't comment on speed patterns there.

Wow. How many filipino-bashers are there, just in the answer? O_O

I mean, I've got nothing against filipinos. I've never met a native filipino, so I can't really comment on what the previous people said. But still, is there a need for bashing? D:

And back to your question: uh, that's...kinda maybe really stereotypical.

Not ALL Asians are fast (and tbh, I haven't seen many Asians be "fast"). Just like not all...Americans are lazy (can't think of any other stereotype right now, I don't mean to offend you my US friends ^^) or Chinese people are...stingy.

"the way we act compared to other races?" Hello, sounding a bit racist yourself there!

So to sum up, I don't think there's a reason why Asians are fast 0.o because not everyone is. It depends on the person, really...where they live (city as opposed to rural), how they were raised, etc etc.

Source(s): Chinese born and raised in a western country.

In the big cities like Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Singerpoor, etc, life pace are relatively fast. But go to a medium or small Chinese city such as Chengdu, Guilin... to see, people take a walk to work.

• cisco

Not always. In Hong Kong, it's true. But I haven't been to each and every Asian country in the world, so I can't say for sure that all Asians are the way you described.

Yeah Mostly Hispanics(Mexicans)

Are you kidding me? The hostage event told me Filipinos are lazy and act slowly.

The faster the better. No need to smoke the dirty air outside.

i think without filpinos other asians like indians nd chinese r more active

are you serious?

filipinos are known to be lazy bums