I can't stop worrying about this?

Tomorrow at school I have to sing this song that me and my friend wrote for social; studies. It goes to the beat of Poker face. I'm just really dreading going up there and doing it. I don't mind public speaking, giving reports for a class or any of that. It's just, that song is kind of weird and I don't want to look stupid. And singing in front of other people makes me feel very uncomfortable. I can't even go back to bed because I can't stop thinking about it. I just want tomorrow to be here so bad so I can get it over with. Any tips for tomorrow to not feel so uncomfortable?

thanks

Oh I'm a 14 year old girl in the 9th grade. My friend said that she isn't worried at all. But she always wimps out and will get really quiet and I'll have to be the one that sings louder.

Favorite Answer

just show confidence and you will own it

I felt the same way when I was in choir back in HS and my previous public speaking class. Try practicing over and over again in front of a mirror, so you are confident that you will not mess up. The day of your performance, try to focus on one spot (I usually just look straight at the wall and not the class) and just take a deep breath and try to focus yourself being in a room by yourself just practicing. By the time you're done singing, you'll feel relieved that it's finally over. So don't worry...You'll do great! Good luck!

Source(s): Experience.
  • Remy

I know exactly how you feel. For Spanish, I had to get up in front of the class and sing a song in Spanish last year. The best thing to do is just suck it up and endure it. Also, don't volunteer to go first.

Practice it over and over again. Recite it with your friend. Make eye contact with the audience. I am sure you will be fine. Ask your parents to be the audience and practice the song on them. Don't stress over it as long as you are prepred you will be fine. Also I appreciate you answering my question. Thank you. Good Luck on the song.

• Jordan

Say to yourself that half the class isn't even listening. That's how I got through with speeches.

its perfectly normal Hun you just have butterfly's that's all =]

make yourself look amazing before school that will surly boost your confidence =]

good luck chick =] xoxo

do a dancehall tune or sumting yu dun know wagwaaaaan imogeeene?

Fake sick. Barf ALWAYS works, plus it helps Hanna keep her skinny.

-A.

Source(s): I'm coming for you bitches, and I know everything. -A.

.... THANKS FOR UR HELP... AND I THINK U SHOULD JUST DO UR BEST... DONT GIVE HOPE .. JUST KEEP UR HEAD UP HIGH