Is it illegal to delete someone else's Facebook account?

Girlfriend dumped me, and I'm just a little pissed.

I'm not going to HACK - I know her password, so is it illegal for me to go on her Facebook and delete her account? Thanks.

A link of PROOF would be nice.

How would it be illegal though, if she gave me her password?

...She dumped me because I treated her flawlessly. Her reason for dumping me was because I was too nice. 9 months, down the drain.

Favorite Answer

About as illegal as carting off her big screen TV because she gave you the key to her house. You don't have her permission to terminate her account. Period.

Hope that helps.

• pete l

So because she dumped you , you are going to take revenge by deleting her Facebook account......shame on you, no wonder she dumped you if thats how you behave and YES , logging into someone else's account is counted as fraud and is as illegal as using her credit card or bank account without her consent. Grow up.!.

• John11 months agoReport

Learn proper punctuation ****

It's illegal.

Her profile is her property, even if it's not physical. It's still cyber property. She created it, she maintains it and as a result, it belongs to her, regardless of the fact that she gave you her password.

Somebody could give you the keys to their car to drive. However, if you steal it, what you have done is illegal. You have taken over something that is not yours. Access isn't ownership.

Also, I'm really glad she saw you for the immature little boy you are. Don't bother dating again until you can handle it.

• Monika

No it is not illegal as long as you do not do anything defamatory like post embarrassing pics. None the less you can only get a civil suit for that.

• O.S.

it is very illegal. it is known as identity fraud and is a serious crime

no, but she can just reactivate it, so get over it, its the best revenge

yeah it might be illegal but who cares ..... joke

delete it loser joke

dont delete it

dumped you cos your too nice?????

***** i know those girls alllll tooo well buddy

frape her bad.

bad

oh so bad :P

DO ITTTTTTT