Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

I need help coping through depression?

Well i've been feeling really down lately. The reason is i think about me just never being with girls. I mean i'm 15 years old and i've never dated a single girl. And whats even more sad to know is i've never kissed a girl and it just saddens me that i'm missing out on SO much. I feel so isolated with girls. I mean yea i occasionally talk to them but it's not that much! I don't even have a single girl on my contacts list on my cell phone. Just a feeling of being pathetic and missing out overwhelms me and it's hard to even get through the day. Yea, i have positive memories, but they're not enough to take over the stressful thoughts i have of being a loser.

• Favorite Answer

You know what? I commence you for talking about this because this way someone can tell you how POSITIVE this really is. Instead of thinking in terms of missing out on SO much, has it ever occured to you that you are not missing out on anything? You don't have to worry about STD's for example. You can be picky because you are still a virgin. You are the one who can set the standard for what kind of girl you want because you set an example for yourself and others.

Most young people who go with the crowd and do what the crowd does don't experience love, nor do they experience positive things. How embarassing you think it is to have to tell your mom or dad that you got a sexual transmitted disease? You also don't have to worry about HIV because you rarely get that disease from anything other than sex--and believe me, most girls you would encounter nowadays will not tell you if they have STD's--most of the time they don't even know until it shows full fledged. So your involuntary abstinence is a very positive thing.....and there is also nothing wrong with bein shy. Not everyone is a outgoing one who can draw people to them in a flash.....and that can be a blessing too because that way you can take your time evaluating those who are around you.

Turn all this into something positive and you will see that your depression will go away---you don't have to have a girl and you don't have to have sex until you are truly ready and know what you are doing---so you are not a loser, you are a winner and you can be proud of yourself.....

First of all, don't stress about girls right now. You're only 15. I didn't start dating until I was 17 and I didn't have my first kiss until I was 18 and I was/am a very attractive girl. If you're a nice guy, you'll find girls at the right time.

Secondly, if you're truly depressed, the first things that will help are good amounts of sleep and healthy eating. You can also talk to a doctor about other coping methods, like medication, etc. Also, find activities that help you cope. Things like writing, running, drawing, playing music, playing sports, etc. will help you more than anything else will.

I hope this helps.

Source(s): my own experiences with dating and depression

i'm a girl and am chatting with you. i will tell which you're no longer a loser. right here is what i p.c. you to do: a million) get a clean activity the place you are able to fulfill all varieties of human beings. Like volunteer someplace, connect a collection, take an performing classification. this type you are able to fulfill new human beings and experience greater useful approximately your self 2)consult with somebody concerning the way you experience. An person, parent, instructor, uncle etc. Please they are in a position to offer you expertise. Be very trustworthy with them i'm no longer attempting to make you experience greater useful...properly confident i'm. I evaluate myself an appealing lady yet i did no longer kiss a boy until i replaced into 18. some human beings i understand have not and that they are 28. this does not recommend something interior the bigger scheme of issues. those stupid exhibits you notice on television make it look as though all and sundry is getting laid. have confidence me, having a girl chum will come. administration merely what you are able to administration appropriate now your self...you're a warm, appealing, loving, amazing individual. flow in front of the mirror and think of roughly how great you're

Smoke some weed