annyrutts asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

movies: Christian Bale or Edward Norton ?

Who do you prefer?

Bq-Favorite movie from each?

Bq2- has either won an oscar? If not should they have? For which film?

@ joker- yes alot of buzz about the fighter. Can't wait to see it.

Favorite Answer

This is a difficult one, great question. I'm going to go with Edward Norton. I think he's had the better career. They are even as actors in my eyes.

BQ: Fight Club and Batman Begins

BQ: No. Neither has won an Oscar. Edward should of won for American History X. Although I can't remember who was nominated that year.. And Bale will definitely get a nomination soon. I don't think he's done anything to earn one yet. He's been in great movies, but noting Oscar worthy in my opinion. I hear there is some Oscar buzz for his role in The Fighter, so maybe that will get him a nomination.

• Donny

Edward Norton

his performance in American History X is easily one of the best of all time and really if that was the only movie he ever did he would still be one of my favorites

BQ-

Norton- American History X, Fight Club

Bale- American Psycho, Batman movies

BQ2- Well Norton definitely should've won for American History X and Bale should've at least been nominated for American Psycho. Maybe he'll win a supporting actor for The Fighter

2

Source(s): Amazing Protection Antivirus Software : http://moveantivirus.com/?jCdA

Christian Bale

I like Edward Norton but Bale is one of my all time favourite actors and has impressed me since American Psycho

BQ: Bale-Dark Knight Norton-Fight Club

BQ2: I think Norton was nominated for Primal Fear and American History X and won for atleast one of them. Bale has never been nominated but should have for American Psycho, Batman Begins, and The Prestige.

• Bones

Favorite CB film: Empire of the Sun / American Psycho

Favorite EN film: American History X

I think they are both excellent actors and they each have a BUNCH of films that I like. However, I would take Christian Bale in a heartbeat because I do think he is a slightly better actor. My biggest problem with Edward Norton is that he has picked a lot of bad films to appear in, and Christian Bale almost never appears in a bad film.

Source(s): Short list of awesome Bale films: Empire of the Sun, NEWSIES, Swing Kids, American Psycho, Equilibrium, The Machinist (see how far he goes for his character in this film), Rescue Dawn, The Prestige, 3:10 to Yuma, Public Enemies, The Fighter (I think it will be good), both Batman films. That's a pretty awesome list for a guy his age.

Christian Bale because of American Psycho!

But I love both so very much

BQ: American Psycho,followed by The Dark Knight

American History X and Fight Club!

BQ: No but Norton sure as sh** should have gotten one for American History X! One of the best performances of all time!

As for Bale, he should he getting one in the next few years.

Hmm i have to go with "Christian Bale" love all his movies though Edward is really good as well, You know i was really surprised when Ed didn't get nominated for "The Illusionest" though his character was so mysterious and lovely at the same time, even if he didn't deserved to win but totally deserved to get nominated :)

BQ:

Christian bale-"Empire of The Sun" hahahaha yes he was a kid in the movie but great performance, i read the book as well and he really got the part right, also "Empire of the Sun" is number 4 favorite movies of all time

Edward Norton-"The Illusionest" :)

Though he was really good in "American History X"

BQ2:I think Ed has been nominated but Christian never got any nomination, for some reason i think both are going to have an oscar in the future, for Ed "American History X" was a huge chance for him and i actually thought he's going to win, he got nominated in 1998 right?.....Hmmm either "Tom Haanks" or "Ed Norton" should win in that year...

As for Christian then Either "Empire of the Sun" or "America Psycho" or even get nominated

Christian Bale

Dark Night

i don't think so, yes he should of won an oscar for 3:10 to yuma

• ?

actually, don't like either one of them, but after consideration I have to say that

Norton

is still less annoying

BQ: Bale - The Dark Knight

Norton - Fight Club

BQ2: no and no, but they have good chances, they are considered to be good. If they keep on making movies, sooner or later they can get it.

both great actor. but I think chiristian bale has more charisma..

christian bale - batman begins/dark knight, american psycho, 3:10 to yuma

edward norton- american gangster, fightclub, illutionist

no idea if they won oscar but they have the potential.