Body sways/shakes during meditation?

Hello, I recently attended a 7 day sesshin (retreat) meditating, and around the 5th or 6th day, I started to sense this weird energy flowing through my body and it would make me move, like it was pushing my body one way, then the next.

While this was happening I was in a deep mental state of meditation, yet my body was out of control. Still a few days later, my body sways back and forth if I let it, I'm not worried about it people tell me it's normal, I was just wondering if anybody knew the name of it, I'm curious about it and want to research it for the hay of it.

Thanks

• .
    Favorite Answer

Often the swaying is tuned to the rhythm of the heart.

You really need to check out "The Depth Factor" meditation program, it's the best, it's been voted as the number 1 meditation program made so far. Here is their official web-site: http://www.thedepthfactor.net

It combines binaural beats and ancient meditation techniques to deliver the best meditation experience. This is perfect course for a beginner or an intermediate. Good luck!

That happens upon entering a trancelike state. It's a little startling at first, but it's your body's reaction to such a state first occurring. Eventually, your body will remain still when this happens.

Source(s): Personal experience

happens to me a lot

but I think it is less spiritual than people think .. although that depends on how you look at it

it is our blood flowing

and we are so still and quiet we can feel it pumping around our body .. which moves and rocks us ever so subtly

I personally think that itself is pretty awesome .. so dont be too dissapointed

not everyone can be so still as to be so aware of their own body

Try this meditation technique instead:

http://www.medjugorje.org/rosary.htm