M Hk asked in HealthMen's Health · 9 years ago

i am 15 years old and i am 5.11 ft ot 1.80 m when i grow up how much will i measure?

my father´s height is about 6.3 . And is my height

short for my age

• SIX6UN
    Best Answer

Yes, you are a bit short. So then go! See a doctor and read on. First. Without becoming too technical, as your body reaches puberty the long bones become fixed in length. Fixed. Second. The height of a person is controlled by a hormone from the pituitary gland called the Human Growth Hormone (HGH), too little of this juice and you'll be short and ill; too much and you play in the NBA. (no joke) Third. Synthesized HGH is readily available through doctors who give it to rich athletes like Barry Bonds, and rich movie stars like Sylvester Stallone.

I say 'DNA be darned! It is the HGH! For thirty years medical science has made older ball players and totally old movie stars look young; it can also treat the illness of 'being short' which is a real congenital defect.

Two problems.

One. Narrow window of time . . . This hormone, HGH, can easily bring a short person to full height, if, if, if they get it in time. Time.

Second. HGH is so much in demand by rich sports/movies people that many family MDs are too wary of federal scrutiny to prescribe therapeutic HGH to the honestly-short boys who really need it. Just wait they often say; everyone will say. The Ignorant among us will chant 'DNA' as if DNA is fate. But realize, lots of people who are saying, "just wait" are really laughing, and it ain't funny.

Your challenge is to get to a Pediatrician, Endocrinologist, or Urologist for a simple blood panel. Then you will really know your situation and options. But do this before your time for help has passed. Also, mentally toughen-up by demanding people stop laughing, demanding your folks support you – get your blood test and study the stature-age chart. Do not listen to silly anecdotes that all go like this: my mother's second cousin was only five-feet tall at his graduation and now he's over six-feet tall! Yeah, right, in what fantasy-world do they live? Time, remember, HGH requires time. Good Luck.

Stature Chart

http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/data/set1clinical/...

Check out this quote is from a great site – Magic Foundation:

Quote: "What surprises most people is the fact that [HGH deficiency] affects much more than just a child's height. Concerns for families of children diagnosed with Growth Hormone Deficiency include serious problems relating to; heart strength, lung capacity, bone density, immune system function and much more! The entire body is affected if a child is growth hormone deficient! Therefore, it is IMPORTANT to identify children with growth hormone deficiency as early as possible to avoid the permanent internal delays and damage in addition to the potential loss of permanent inches."

You are developing just the way you should, If you are 5'11" you are quite tall for your age. You will probably be just as tall as your father or even taller. Everyone growth spurt is different. My mom is 5'11" and my father was about 5'7" and my brother's height is 6'4" , he took after my grandfather. So do not worry . The growth spurt has a long way to go until you are out of your teens. Therefore you will be tall and handsome. Have a happy holiday.

That is a decent height. I know some who were taller at your age, but I know a lot more who were shorter. You are definitely not short.

You will probably be just as tall or taller than your father.

Being very tall is hell!

I would know!

Pray you stop growing!!!!

i was shorter than you at 15 and im 17 now and im 6.1 and counting... IM peterhanson0@yahoo.com