Will doing Pilates burn fat?

I don't have the option of running (outside or in a gym) at the moment, but I'm trying to find a workout that will burn fat and help me lose weight. I'm looking for building long, lean muscles rather than big, bulky ones as well as burn fat. I've heard that Pilates is known for giving people a long, lean look, so I was wondering, will it burn fat too? Will doing different Pilates workouts about everyday give me good results in time? Thanks! :)

Favorite Answer

Women do not build big / bulky muscles unless they are using drugs. Don't be afraid of weight training (particularly body weight exercises).

Pilates are good for "core" strength (abs) and flexibility. The work-out isn't intense enough to really be called a cardio work-out to really burn a lot of fat. At the end of the day the only reason I'd seriously bother with pilates is for the flexibility aspect of it because I can work the "abs" in a more time efficient manner. This doesn't mean you won't burn calories doing pilates (you will) but why piss around with your work-out? If you want to look good and are going to set aside 30 min. to 1 hr to accomplish this goal than work-out (which requires intensity).

I personally work-out from home. There is no point in giving a gym your money unless you are a weight lifter (body builder) who needs the free weights and associated equipment. For the rest of us, you can be in a good shape & look good doing exercises at home.

There are plenty of cardio / aerobics on dvd that will burn more calories than pilates and can be done at home. You might be able to find some free downloadable workouts on the internet but if you have some money / cash you can get programs like the P90X, Insantiy, Tae Bo etc (you might have friends that can loan you a copy, burn you a copy, or may be able to get it from a library). I know the P90X program has 3 different cardio routines (4 if you count the Yoga X). They are plyometrics X (really intense cardio work-out), Kenpo X (punching / kicking), & Cardio X (a combination of yoga, plyometrics X & kenpo X workouts).

Just add in some body weight exercises to the above cardio (push-ups, lunges, squats) etc. and you are good.

• vest

Does Pilates Burn Fat

1

Source(s): Lose Belly Fat Without Exercise - http://PureGarciniaGet.com/?MKLi

Pilates is a great way to burn fat! It focuses more on control breathing and slow controlled movements. It's also a great change of pace workout. The good thing about pilates workouts is that it's geared towards exactly what you are looking for...long lean muscles.

Most of the pilates exercises tend to start with your core stomach muscles...this is what most of their exercises are based on. Who doesn't want a long lean stomach?

This is also a workout that can be done in the comfort of your home or gym if they have pilates classes their.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Will doing Pilates burn fat?

I don't have the option of running (outside or in a gym) at the moment, but I'm trying to find a workout that will burn fat and help me lose weight. I'm looking for building long, lean muscles rather ...

Source(s): pilates burn fat: https://knowledge.im/?s=pilates+burn+fat

Pilates involves a series of controlled movements that target specific muscles to address muscle imbalance and realign your body. This helps your muscles and joints return to their optimum functional state to regain strength and flexibility. Gradually you will start to feel lighter and taller, use your muscles more effectively, and improve your range of movement.

While some people may choose Pilates for remedial exercise, others such as professional dancers, actors and athletes devote their time to Pilates training in order to enhance their physical performance.

This is what Pilates will do for you: Improve posture, strengthen and realign the spine, develop firmer,sleeker, more powerful muscles, loosen tight muscles, relieve tension and stress, reduce body aches and pains, acquire natural rhythm and coordination, tone and define the body by lengthening and strengthening the muscles simultaneously and prevent muscle and soft tissue injury.

If you want to start doing Pilates I recommend you follow this program: http://www.12weekpilates.com It's been voted as the best Pilates program ever made.

I found the book to be very informative and easy to read.

I've lost 17 pounds in 12 days, I'm just concerned that I'm losing too much weight, too quickly. I will admit I haven't followed the guide exactly. I'm not sticking perfectly to the listed foods and meal plans (but mostly) and doing very little exercise, but the weight keeps flying off.

It clearly works and if I'd followed it exactly I think it would scare the living daylights out of me because of the amount that I'd lose. So thanks again for the information. I've never purchased anything like this before because they are usually full of trash, but 3WD has been a pleasant surprise.

Get started today!

2

Source(s): Gain Mass and Muscles http://emuy.info/MuscleStrengthHealth/?j99t

Have you tried out Oz's Garcinia Cambogia ? Start now : http://garciniacambogiabuytoday.com/14 . This is able to without doubt work for you.