permanent resident/US citizen confusion, help!?

I am applying to Butler University and one of the questions they asked was if I was a US citizen or not, I put no since I am only a Permanent resident (green card holder) and it was not a choice, but then it gave me an International Student application... Should I continue with the international app, or should I put in US citizen since I am not really an international student? and would it make a difference in my admission decision somehow?

thank you!

Favorite Answer

well, it could affect what group you fall into for admission criteria. Universities tend to have quotas for people from different states, and the US and foreign countries. it's usually easier to be accepted as a foreign student than as a local.So, since Butler isn't a state university, unless it makes a difference in possible financial aid or scholarships, you're probably better off applying as a foreign student.

Call the Registrar's Office and tell them you are a Permanent Resident of the United States. They will guide you from there. You are NOT an international student.

ANY (since Oct. 1996) claim of being a USC when you're not makes you immediately deportable. It's the ultimate sin in the immigration world and not only is it one of the questions on the N-400 application, but the student database is one that will be searched by FBI and USCIS on the mandatory background checks when applying for citizenship!

Apply a US citizen. For brevity they neglected to put citizen or permanent resident, but that was the intent. You can not apply as an international student without forfeiting any financial aid your are entitled to have.