New malware infection as of 12-10-10 help. IE redirects, pop ups, etc.?

I just recently have been infected with some new malware that I need help removing. I have used Avast (found nothing), MBAM (found nothing), ESET (found nothing), TDSS Killer (found nothing). I am at a loss! Is is possible that this is too new of a problem and the software companies aren't up to speed?? My internet explorer redirects when clicking on any link while using a search engine. I get Wal Mart gift card pop ups, epic arcade pop ups/redirects and audio commercials playing even if I don't have IE up. (I have had to go through task manager to manually close IE- that temp. stops audio ads. I have been working on this all day... if anyone can think of anything else I can try, please let me know! Thanks!!

Yes, after researching all day, I think it is a rootkit. I have read about ComboFix, but I am a lil nervous about trying it out, as I am far from experienced in these issues. All software was updated before scans, cache is cleared, etc. Is this something a novice can do, or should I take this in to someone to repair/remove?

Favorite Answer

If the various malware programs detect nothing then it is likely there is no infection.

What you may find is that the issue is the home page has been changed and this leads to the various advertising pop-ups. Check and reset the homepage, make sure there is just the one location.

Clear your temp files, cookies and cache and this may be where your issue is. Try this to clear your files, it is a simple and free program.

ATF Cleaner by Atribune.- http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=1

did you update Malwarebytes before you ran it? The issue may be that the infection is not malware but a rootkit, these are far more difficult to pick up and deal with. Most free versions of anti-virus programs will not pick these up, try a program called ComboFix - http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix... (save, load, reboot to safemode and then run it)

Source(s): 20+ Years Experience - Senior Technician - Electronbox Mijas, España Intel Channel Partner and a Member of the Microsoft Partner Network.

Download and use Malwarebytes, great program. While some people are happy with Avast I was not. I now use Micrsoft Security Essentials..free and much better. Good luck.

merely an edit for #4 Thou Shalt not blame ANY area via fact they arent getting performed rappers interior the south replaced into blamin cats in long island and Cali for not gettin play interior the early-mid ninety's..appears like the cycle repeated

Try using superantispyware and Hitman pro.. 10 points if it works... :D