why is the Sun Exalted in Aries?

what's wrong with leos?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Markab
    Lv 6
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There are various dignities in astrology and all are covered by one English word, "rulership." The five essential dignities are domicile, exaltation, triplicity, term, and face. The last three are all but forgotten by modern astrologers. Domicile is commonly called rulership. The Sun "rules" Leo, but is exalted in Aries.

No one knows where the exaltations came from. There are some good guesses, an early rulership system is one, but we know they predate the Hellenistic Greeks. Each of the 7 classical planets has a sign in which it is exalted. Sun/Aries, Moon/Taurus, Mercury/Virgo (yes Virgo, and he rules Virgo too), Venus/Pisces, Mars/Capricorn, Jupiter/Cancer, Saturn/Libra. Domicile rulership is likened to the owner of a home. Exaltation is described as an honored guest in that home. The best china comes out, the best silverware, the finest wines are served. There is a sense of exaggeration about exaltation. Something is not quite real, but it is strong.

The Sun is likely exalted in Aries because the vernal equinox is the beginning of the astrological year/ The Sun is the principle of Power and at this time of year he brings forth new life. In Leo, the middle of the summer, he is most powerful, but can be destructive.

Each planet has an exaltation degree as well. The Sun is said to be exalted in the 19th degree of Aries. Careful with this. Our ancestors thought in ordinal numbers. We think in cardinal numbers. The 19th degree of Aries is 18 degrees 0 minutes, 0 seconds, to 18 degrees 59 minutes 59 seconds. Why? Well the 1st degree of any sign is 0 to 1 the second degree is 1 - 2 and so on, so the 19th degree is 18 - 19.

When the Sun is at 18 degrees Aries but less than 19 degrees, i.e. on his exaltation point, the effects are said to be even stronger, but even the old astrologers didn't make too much of this.

Exaltation is a double edged sword. Janis Joplin had Jupiter exalted in the 5th house of pleasure, and in the understatement of the decade she said, "I love to go to parties and I like to have a good time." The exalted party girl overdid it one time too many.

• butch
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Sun Exalted

• 10 years ago

Aries.The Hero or even possibly the villain,but the one that steps in the line of fire without conscious thought of reward.

The Leo wants a reward,for just being ,and if evolved...allows the Aries to forge ahead,like the Ram,because the bruises are their reward and they love it

Lv 6
    10 years ago

See, this is where a little knowledge gets people confused. Sun is exalted in Aries. But it is in domicile in Leo. In simplistic terms... domicile is where it belongs and exalted is where it thrives.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

sun is hotest planet in galaxy and rasing in the east or afternoon tak ye south me aa jata he isliye afternoon ko bahut garmi hoti he.south ke lord planet he mars jo ki unki garmi sahan karne me kabil he . so is liye sun mars ki sign aries me exalted hote he

• 4 years ago

This time sun is very closest to the earth.temperature of this month is very high.because sun situted zodiac sign name known as month.

• 5 years ago

They have a very strong sense of self and ego.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.