Should I be concerned about the state of my mental health?

I am becoming concerned about my mind. I have noticed recently I am losing concentration quite frequently and am unable to focus on more than one thing at once. I have been making stupid mistakes at work and often get confused about even the simplest of things. My short term memory is terrible. I suffered an... show more I am becoming concerned about my mind. I have noticed recently I am losing concentration quite frequently and am unable to focus on more than one thing at once. I have been making stupid mistakes at work and often get confused about even the simplest of things. My short term memory is terrible.

I suffered an assault last year and had a head injury as a result of taking around 20 blows to the head and had to take 2 weeks off work. After suffering the regular symptoms of concussion (short term memory loss, fatigue, lack of concentration, etc.) things started to return to normal but 18 months on I still feel things haven't got quite back to normal.

I come from a family with Huntingtons disease in its blood. My grandmother on my dad's side had it, my dad has it (he's the only one of three in his generation to get it) and I'm one of three, so there's a chance I may have it. About 6 weeks before the assault, my dad fell down the stairs and suffered concussion, this has sped up the onset of his huntingtons. I am worried as I have started becoming uneasy on my feet, albeit only a small amount. Occasionally I get a feeling in the back of my head (a bit like a knuckle cracking feeling) that causes my tongue to stall for around 2 seconds, which causes me to slur if I'm talking. I get my words jumbled up a bit, which I never used to. I was diagnosed with depression last year and am on citalopram to calm my temper (I had a bit of a short fuse to begin with but since the assault I became pissed off at the slightest thing and the meds help me, though I don't want to be on them much longer). Do I actually have depression, or am I actually still suffering the long term effects of concussion?

(Having said all of that, I recently did an IQ test and my IQ seems to be rather stable around the mid 130s, the last test I did a few months ago came back as an IQ of 138.)