Why is everyone so bent outta shape about Designer dog names?

Ok seriously is it really that bad! I mean come on its alot easier to say I own a PomChi than to say I own a pomeranian Chihuahua mix. Hello everything is abbreviated and shortened these days. I hate that people say that the designer dogs were made up as a label for stupid people to buy into. I think its kinda cool... show more Ok seriously is it really that bad! I mean come on its alot easier to say I own a PomChi than to say I own a pomeranian Chihuahua mix. Hello everything is abbreviated and shortened these days. I hate that people say that the designer dogs were made up as a label for stupid people to buy into. I think its kinda cool and good that the "mutts" as most like to say, are getting a little attention.

Whats your opinion?
Update: I think any breed dog should never cost hundreds of dollars whether is be an actual recongnized breed or a mix. And you say people are breeding mutts now and they are dying...that can happen with any breed!
Update 2: You ppl are freakin crazy that think its sooooo terrible!
Update 3: Ok well what should we call most americas then? I guess I'm a mutt that doesn't deserve to be called american....I'll be going by Nicole the french italian american girl
Update 4: Im still not getting you ppl...Buying tiny chihuahuas is trend too....ppl freakin pay 1200 dollars for them because they have paper! Who gives a ****....If I want to call my dog a dam shortfluffything and other people want to too because its cute and the dog is cute then by all means great! i was just using that as... show more Im still not getting you ppl...Buying tiny chihuahuas is trend too....ppl freakin pay 1200 dollars for them because they have paper! Who gives a ****....If I want to call my dog a dam shortfluffything and other people want to too because its cute and the dog is cute then by all means great! i was just using that as an example.
Update 5: OMG people where in my question have I stated anything about breed these animals! I think breeding is wrong period for any kind of animals! I just don't think that if someone is trying to give away a pomchi or if they have one they they should be crucified for calling it that.
Update 6: they shouldn't* be crucified for calling it that!