Ebenezer scrooge/Christmas Carol Question?

In the Christmas carol Ebenezer scrooge was in a school house all alone when he was a child...why was that?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

All the other children had gone home for the holidays. He was left alone. His father wanted little to do with him.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

FOWLER FAN is correct.

Mermaid's answer is speculation, not from the text. BUT, I have the same suspicion since Scrooge also blamed Fred for the death of his own sister, Fan. and continued to ignore Fred for years to come.

THIS EXPLANATION was first given, in extra added dialog in the 1951 film version with Alastair Sim. Then, it was elaborated upon in the 1984 film version with George C. Scott. NONE of it is actually written in the Dickens novel.

In the 1800's it was actually expensive to send your child out of London to a boarding school. so, it's not like his father didn't care, or didn't provide for his welfare. THEN, his father found him an important place to be an apprentice. This was an extra expense, like sending your son to the University. good!

Vanessa hasn't read the book .

• 9 years ago

He was left at boarding school over the holidays. If I remember right, his mother died in childbirth, and his father blamed him. I think that's how Charles Dickens wrote the story.

• 4 years ago

im pretty sure it was to his grave site...since that was when Scrooge truly realized he needed to change hope i helped

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

probly cause he was mean when he was little

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.