a government question, help?

Many scholars and observers have argued that the ratification of the Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution has become the single most important act in all of the United States politics.

a. Identify which provision of the Fourteenth Amendment was applied in one of the following Supreme Court cases. For the case you select, explain the significance of the decision in United States politics.

i. Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas (1954)

ii. Baker v. Carr (1952)

iii. Regents of the University of California v. Bakke (1978)

b. Identify which provision of the Fourteenth Amendment was applied in one of the following Supreme Court cases. For the case you select, explain the significance of the decision in United States politics.

i. Mapp v. Ohio (1961)

ii. Gideon v. Wainwright (1963)

iii. Miranda v. Arizona (1966)

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

1) Brown vs. Board of Education reversed Plessy v. Ferguson finding that separate but equal was unconstitutional. If education is segregated it cannot be equal.

2) Gideon vs. Wainwright found that states had to provide procedural due process (attorney representation) to the accused and the 5th Amendment was applicable to the states via the 14th. (Right to a lawyer case at government expense).

• peng
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Do you advise i can the two have a tyrannical government that controls all aspects of my existence or no gov in any respect meaning no family contributors and international risk-free practices? Wow, problematic one, yet i think of i will bypass without gov reason... in spite of the undeniable fact that it relies upon on how deep this question is going, as a results of fact if I had like an exceedingly super family contributors, then i'd prefer to manage over them to be sure each physique knows what to do while attacked etc. yet my answer is: No government.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.