If you were to leave on a 14Watt light bulb 24 hours a day, how much would it cost in electricity per day?

One of the high efficiency kind that's like a florescent tube light only twisted up small, like you use in a lamp in your house. Thanks

Update:

And by the way, I'm not actually planning on leaving it on 24hours a day lol I'm just trying to figure out about how much it cost's per hour to use those kinds of lights :-)

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

It depends on what your electrical company charges per "Kilowatt Hour" !!

In our area of California, it averages 12 cents per kilowatt hour...

So a 14 watt bulb would burn 0.336 kilowatts in 24 hours... roughly 4 cents.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

http://michaelbluejay.com/electricity/cost.html

leaving a 100 watt lightbulb on for 730 hours costs 10.95, and the lightbulb you're talking about has less than half of that wattage, so the price would be cut in half. Depending on where you live, it the price can range anywhere from 8-30 cents per kilowatt per hour.

Source(s): and here's a CALCULATOR :D http://michaelbluejay.com/electricity/howmuch.html
  • krk
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

You have to pay for 1/3 unit.Cost of electricity is taken & charged per unit consumed.One unit is equal to 1000 watts per hour.

• 3 years ago

Do the mathematics your self. Watts circumstances hours is Watt-Hours (Wh). you purchase electrical energy via the Kilowatt-Hour, so which you will desire to divide your Wh via 1000, to key KWh used, then multiply that via the fee you pay (indicated on your invoice from the capacity agency). in case you're on time-of-use billing, it gets slightly greater complicated, as you could desire to do the mathematics for each fee era and fee.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I'd turn it on at your house, that way it would'nt cost me anything 8-)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

YES

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.