Does Julian Assange, founder of wikileaks deserve the nobel peace prize?

The Kremlin nominated him with Putin saying the West is showing their true colors regarding free speech.

Thoughts, opinions?

http://www.avaaz.org/en/wikileaks_petition/?slides...

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Happy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

... Assange has broken no laws, stolen nothing, committed no espionage and no crime.

Assange has not put lives at risk. He has released "secret" documents, not "top secret documents." It's the top secret ones that might put lives at risk. He tried to run everything through the Pentagon so they could redact anything that put anyone in danger. The Pentagon refused.

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/...

He reported truth he learned, not doctored up with anyone's opinion. That is what good reporters do.

The press is protected by our First Amendment, and rightly so.

Other magazines and newspapers are falling all over themselves to print what he publishes. If he is guilty, so are they.

The day our government shuts down the press, that's the day our beloved country is gone.

If our government has security leaks, that is their own fault.

Does he deserve a Peace Prize? Not sure I see where he's creating Peace. But he sure does deserve a medal for bravery.

Putin is a big windbag with no room to criticize others. Governments are one thing, and the people they govern -- or at least half of them in a two-party system like ours -- are quite another.

• dre
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

i'm continually suspicious approximately posting costs, devoid of say who the quote is from? usually some ridiculous weblog internet site. He hasn't been nominated for a Nobel Prize, I assure you. You adult men usually be able to confuse the Nobel for "guy of the year" from Time magazine, for some unusual reason.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Let's see how Comrade Putin's tune changes when Wikileaks releases the Russian documents they claim to have.

• Di
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The Nobel Peace Prize is a meaningless feel good tool that reflects nothing. The money would come in handy for his defense fund though.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ed
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Funny for Russia to say such a thing given that they hide just as many, if not more, secrets from the public then the US does...

Only thing ASSange deserves is a noose.

• Sam
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No, more like prison time.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

should be first in line.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That little Ossie rapist feller deserves Texas Joe's Boot Prize and we can present it Up His Butt.

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

only an idiot would think that. yes, i just labeled Putin

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

FREE ASSANGE!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.