Question about a Great Dane?

when you take your GD for a walk, do people stare at you are give you awkward looks? Or do a lot of people stop and ask what kind of dog that is and mistake it for a miniature pony?

• Favorite Answer

people stare, but eventually when they see them enough they will leave you alone

I don't have a GD either, but it's just kind of strange to see such a BIG DOG. So most people are like WOW! I know when I stare at a big dog like that I'm just amazed! lol.

So when people stare, they're probably complimenting your dog. They are beautiful dogs (and big!).

You don't see to many GD's around so its kinda new for people to see a big *** dog like that. i worked with a Great dane that was taller then me when he was on 2 legs and im 6'4". Ya they always ask questions

I don't have a GD, but I must admit I am one of those people who would stop and stare. I really find GD fascinating and beautiful animals. Amazed by they gentleness. So, please don't be offended, I am sure others stare for the same reason, jealousy. We want one. :)

My parents had 2 Danes when I was a kid. We'd get all kinds of stupid people saying all kinds of stupid stuff. The were both the fawn color so we'd have rednecks yelling at us that there were "deer" loose in the yard. We also did not get mail for a long time. My parents had to go get a P.O. Box so that we could get mail again, lol.

Peoples response are always funny. But the attention is not always bad. I raise Malak's, that are from 33-38 inches. 170-240#. And at times even seem like horses to me,,,,haha.

I don't have one, but my friend has a stunning harlequin great dane with cropped ears.VERY beautiful dog.

Whenever I go with her to walk him.EVERY single person stares, I haven't met a person who didn't stare or come up to her and ask alot of questions like: "How much does he weigh?" "how tall is he?" "how much does he eat?" etc..