Birth control how does it work?

Okay I get the general idea of it, but how do you get it? Do you go to planned parent hood and pay for it ? Or is it free? Well my real question is how do you go about getting it from a planned parent hood center ?

Favorite Answer

You have to go to a doctor but it isn't limited to Planned parenthood. You do have to pay for it if you don't have insurance but most of the time insurance does pay for it. If you are under 18 (I have no clue by your question) then you don't have to have a parent but will need to get the information from them. If you don't have insurance or want others to know you will have to pay out of pocket. It's not badly priced and so worth it. You can just call Planned Parenthood or your local health department center and schedule an appointment. When you go in they will give you a pap smear and a breast exam. Then they will write you a prescription and you can go get it.This may be more then you wanted but I figured more info is better then less. Good luck

Source(s): 10 years on birth control